What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in the European Union (EU) designed to strengthen and unify privacy and personal data protections for all individuals within the EU.
Who does the GDPR affect?
The GDPR applies to organizations located within the EU, as well as organizations located outside of the EU that offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, individuals within the EU. It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of individuals residing in the EU regardless of the company’s location.
‘Personal data’ is any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a person. It can be anything from a name, photo, email address or bank details to posts on social networking websites, medical information or a computer IP address.
Website Builder & the GDPR
The Website Builder takes seriously personal data protection and the right to privacy and welcomes the GDPR and its missions of strengthening personal data protection and privacy.
How has Website Builder addressed GDPR compliance?
- Commitment to privacy & data security is a long-term commitment, not a one-off project. Website Builder remains committed to data security and privacy and we will help provide the tools you need in an ever-changing landscape of regulation and real-world threats.
- We have enabled the following new features:
- You can now easily create a Privacy page to enable you to communicate information about processing the personal data of your users in a clear and transparent way.
- Usercentrics Consent Management Platforms (CMP) is available in the App Store.
- Your contact forms can now include convenient Opt-in notifications to collect consent from site visitors to process their form responses.
- The right of your users to be forgotten can be realized with the help of the Form responses tab in your site dashboard.
- Minimization of data collections and pseudonymization of analytic data.