Learn how to navigate the CRM mission control dashboard. Make sure you have your Neon CRM login information available. This help guide will cover how to personalize your mission control dashboard and use important features.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
When your Neon CRM account is created, the system will send you an email with instructions for your initial login. If you have already logged in, you may open Neon CRM directly from app.neonsso.com.
1. Log in to Neon CRM.
2. Select Settings Cog.
Settings will allow you to make changes in CRM.
Access and edit all accounts and resources
Edit your organization’s information
Enforce 2-Step Verification for users when logging in
Customize user groups and permissions users have
Add or edit users
Once you are logged in as a System User, you will be taken to Mission Control
Select the Search bar to see your Recently Viewed items.
As you type in the Search bar, NeonCRM will automatically start looking for matching records. Search for the following:
- Accounts (Individual and Company)
- Fundraising Campaigns
Once you type 3 characters, results with be shown, with the matching details bolded.
In the search bar, you will also see Advanced Account Search.
The Advanced Account Search will allow you to quickly pull a list of all accounts who match one or more criteria.
To remove default criteria, click the trashcan icon to the right.
To add criteria, click Add Search Criteria and select your item from the list. For example, if you'd like to search by phone number, click Phone.
All criteria must be met for an account to show in the Advanced Search results.
In this example, search results will include all Individual Accounts that were created This Year AND have an address in the state of Illinois.
The widgets available to you in your Dashboards fall into the following categories:
- Lists (totals and links)
- Analytics (KPIs, comparison and calculated stat lists, etc.)
- Alerts/To-Dos/Reminders (e.g. activities, incomplete transactions, materials to send)
Widgets give you access to important features directly on the mission control dashboard. To customize your widgets, follow these steps.
1. To add a widget, navigate to Actions and select Add New Widget. Select from a variety of widgets that best fit the needs of your organization.
2. To configure, remove or export widgets, hover over and select the gear within the widget you want to change and make your selection from the options.
Note: You may want to export images of widgets for use in slide decks, documents, etc.
3. Bring important widgets to the top by holding down on the widget you want to move and dragging it to the desired location.
After you add a Widget, you can further configure it by clicking on the gear icon in its top right corner, and then selecting Configure.
Your Configure options will vary depending on the type of widget. For example, when you configure the Membership Stats widget, you can customize the following:
- Membership Levels you'd like to be displayed
- Year view (specific year to view and Calendar vs Fiscal Year)
- The widget's title (this displays in the top bar)
- The widget's size (in columns), the number of rows to display per page and the data columns you'd like to see
- Display order (descending or ascending).
Other widget types may have a more limited selection of the options shown above, or a completely different set of options like the ones for the Fundraising KPIs widget:
Widget Size Settings
Dashboards in Neon CRM are divided into three columns. "Widget Size" allows you to specify whether you want that widget to take up one, two, or three columns' worth of space in its row. For widgets with more text content or that contain more or longer column headers, this is the setting that will make the contents of your widget more readable.
1. Select settings cog in the widget and select Configure.
2. Select Widget Size.
The size you select for your widget will also affect the number of columns you can select to display on widgets where the Select Columns option is available.
For example, there is a limit of four output columns in the one-column Saved Reports widget.
Change the size to Two-column, and the allowed output column limit is increased.
One of the available categories of widget is Charts.
Many charts offer a selection of metrics that you can choose to be measured by that chart.
The list of available metrics is set and cannot be edited, but the chart list offers a wide variety of options. We recommend exploring all of the types of charts available to you.
Utilize Quick Add Feature
1. Select Quick Add (+). Select what you would like to add to Neon CRM.
2. Select the question mark to get support through the support center, suggestions portal, academy or onboarding wizard.
1. Select the notification bell.
2. Mark as Read by selecting the double check marks.
3. Check on Product Updates by selecting the present icon.
Manage Navigation Bar
1. Your main navigation bar includes a default order to display the various areas of Neon CRM available to you. You can now customize this view by clicking the pencil icon on the right:
2. You will see a dropdown list with the current navigation order.
3. If you'd like to move one of the options, click the button next to it and drag it to the desired spot.
4. Select Save at the bottom of the list to save your changes. Reset will send the order back to the system default.
5. Your navigation bar will now show the areas you use most, first.
This message displays at the top of the Admin Dashboard page. It is visible to any System User who logs in to Neon CRM, and is the same for all System Users.
This feature is composed of two sections:
- Admin Message
The Admin Message is only editable by users with System Administrator permissions. To manage this message
1. Select the gear icon in the top right corner:
2. The Configure option allows you to specify if you want the message space to occupy a whole row of your dashboard (the Three-Column option) or just two-thirds of it (the Two-Column option).
Enabling "Auto-Hide Large Content" will set a maximum height of 500 pixels to the admin message; any content beyond that height will be hidden behind a scrollbar.
3. Clicking Edit Message from the configuration menu will allow you to manage the message content through a content editor. You can insert formatted text, images, embedded videos, or nearly any other web content.
3. Once you are finished editing the message, select Save Content.
The Posts section is a simple message board that allows any System User to place messages in a public, easily visible area.
Each message consists of a title, content, a posting time stamp, the poster's user name, and the controls to edit and delete a message. The contents of a message are built using Neon CRM's content editor, and can contain formatted text, images, and other rich web media.
1. Selecting Enable Posting from the configuration menu allows system users to add separate posts below the admin message.
2. To create a new post, click the New Post button.
3. Enter a Title for the post and add your desired content. When you are ready to post the message, select Save Post.
4. Selecting the title of a message displays its contents. To edit or delete a saved post, select the appropriate button on the post.
System Users can only edit and delete their own posts. Users with System Administrator permissions can edit and delete posts made by any user.
Administrators can also disable the Staff Messages system by clicking Disable Posting. This will hide the entire Posts section from all users. To re-enable this section, click "Enable Posting". Disabling and Enabling the Posts section will not delete any existing messages.
You can see that there are various tabs, each with its own sub-categories. These help navigate you to the features included in Neon CRM. Select the pencil icon in this row to edit the view of these tabs.