Learn how to import your account data in this step-by-step guide. There are steps you must take before you import your account data. To tailor this help guide to better replicate your experience, use this help guide only if you do not have an account ID column. If you do, please follow the related help guide that will support your process. This help guide will demonstrate how to import your account data or complete an account batch update.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
Import Vs. Account Batch Update
Import refers to using the Import Manager to add new accounts to your NeonCRM system. Account Batch Update refers to using NeonCRM account IDs to update existing accounts in your NeonCRM system.
Note that a single spreadsheet cannot be used for both import and account batch update. If you have a spreadsheet that contains NeonCRM account IDs for existing accounts but also contains new accounts, you need to separate your data into two separate spreadsheets and use the Import Manager twice - once to update existing accounts using account batch update, and once to import new accounts.
Importing Your Account Data
1. From the Mission Control Dashboard, Navigate to Tools drop-down menu and select Import Manager
2. Select New Import
3. Complete Step 1: Import Title. When finished, select Save and Continue.
|A.||Title||Title your import|
|B.||Does your spreadsheet contain an Account ID Column?||Select No|
4. Complete Step 2: Import Type. When finished, select Save and Continue.
5. Complete Step 3: Account Import (Upload Your Data). When finished, select Upload data.
|C.||Choose File and File Type||Select the CSV file you are looking to upload. Make sure the file type matches the file you intend to upload.|
|D.||Does your spreadsheet have a header row?||Select if the spreadsheet has a header row. Click the link next to the field to see an example.|
|E.||What type of accounts are you importing?||Select if the accounts are individual, company, or both individual and company accounts.|
|F.||To scan for duplicate accounts, select the types of data to include in the duplicate search:||Choose how you would like the system to search for duplicate accounts. It is recommended to select Match 2 accounts by Name + Email.|
|G.||How is your address data formatted?||Select whether accounts have one address or multiple addresses. Click the link next to the field to see an example.|
6. Scroll down and select New Mapping
7. Complete Step 3: Account Import (Column Mapping).
Neon CRM will automatically map your data columns to the corresponding standard or custom fields. Check to make sure all the fields are accurate. When finished, select Continue.
|H.||Your Data Columns||These are the column headers from our CSV file|
|I.||Standard Fields||These are the standard fields available|
|J.||Custom Fields||These are the custom fields you have made|
|K.||Imported Data||This column shows examples of information that was pulled from that column in your CSV file.|
8. Complete Step 3: Account Import (Field Value Mapping for Accounts)
This page may appear if the system wants to verify specific import field data. When finished, select Next.
9. Complete Step 3: Account Import (Save Mapping). Select whether you want to save your mapping for future use. When finished, select Import you data.
10. To view your import list select Go to the Imports list.
11. Selecting the number in the Accounts column will list all of the new accounts that you imported.