Learn how to import your account data in this step-by-step guide. There are steps you must take before you import your account data. To tailor this help guide to better replicate your experience, use this help guide only if you do not have an account ID column. If you do, please follow the related help guide that will support your process. This help guide will demonstrate how to import your account data or complete an account batch update.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
Import Vs. Account Batch Update
Import refers to using the Import Manager to add new accounts to your Neon CRM system. Account Batch Update refers to using Neon CRM account IDs to update existing accounts in your Neon CRM system.
Note that a single spreadsheet cannot be used for both import and account batch update. If you have a spreadsheet that contains Neon CRM account IDs for existing accounts but also contains new accounts, you need to separate your data into two separate spreadsheets and use the Import Manager twice - once to update existing accounts using account batch update, and once to import new accounts.
Importing Your Account Data
1. From the Mission Control Dashboard, navigate to the Tools drop-down menu and select Import Manager.
2. Select New Import.
3. Complete Step 1: Choose Data.
a. Select Get Started.
b. Enter Import Name. Select Next.
c. Select No to “Does your spreadsheet contain Account ID?” because our spreadsheet does not have an Account ID column. Select Next.
d. Select the type of data you are importing and select Next.
e. Answer the questions on this page. When finished, select Next.
f. On this page you can export your custom data template. This feature is optional. Select Export Template and then Next.
Note: If you are using the given templates, be sure to remove the first two rows before importing.
When saving the excel spreadsheet, make sure it is saved as a .csv.
Once your data is in the template, delete any columns that do not contain any constituent data. For example, I deleted the following columns from my spreadsheet because I do not have data for these fields:
- Created By
- Updated By
- Email 3
- Phone 3 and Phone 3 Type
4. Complete Step 2: Column Mapping.
Upload .csv file and select Next.
5. If your import is similar to any previous imports, you can select that here. This is optional. Selecting an import from this list can help speed up the import process by re-using decisions you’ve made in previous imports. If this import is not similar to a previous one or your first import, select Next to skip this step.
6. Neon CRM will automatically map your data columns to the corresponding standard or custom fields. Check to make sure all the fields are accurate. Because I did not configure some of the custom fields under global settings before starting my import, the fields are mapped to “Create As New Field”. When finished, select Next.
Note: If you are using your own template, take extra time to review the mapped fields, and select the appropriate option from the drop down.
7. For spreadsheet columns where you'd like to create new custom fields in Neon CRM, please indicate the field Type and Style. Select Continue to Field Mapping.
8. The Field Mapping page may appear if the system wants to verify specific import field data. When finished, select Check My Data.
9. The import manager will check your data for any errors, if any errors appear on your spreadsheet they will be listed here. If you receive the message “Mapping Successful” select Continue with Import.
10. The Import Manager is working on your data. You will receive a notification via email, or via the bell icon in the top right of your CRM. Select Close and Exit.