Teams can be associated as year over year teams, allowing team captains to take advantage of various features, including the ability to email past team members who have not yet registered on the present campaign.
How to associate year over year teams
Administrators can associate year over year teams by following these steps:
- Log into the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the campaign in which the present team resides or should be created
- Click "People"
- Click "Teams"
- If the team already exists, locate it and double click, then click "Edit". If the team does not yet exist, add it by clicking "Add".
- Within the team form, the "Past Team" field is the one the identifies the year over year association. Select the team that should serve as the present team's past team. It can be any other team across the organization.
Note that each team can only have a single past team and a single year over year/future team association.
- Click "Save" to save the changes (or create the team)
Team captains can recreate past teams during the Role Registration flow by following these steps:
- In the team form/section in the Role Registration flow, begin typing the team name. Teams for which the present user was a team captain in the past will appear in the list prepended by "Recreate past team".
- Once the user selects the team they'd like to recreate, the create team form expands with various fields pre-populated from the past team.
- Upon submission, the new team will be created and associated as a year over year team with the selected past team. This will make available related features (see below) to the team captain.
Emailing Past Team Members
Team captains can email past team members who have not yet registered on the present campaign. This can be done in the Fundraiser Dashboard, under Email, where the captain can click the "Members of past team who didn’t register for campaign" button, then compose and send their email.
Note that this sends to members of only the past campaign (one step back), and only those who haven't registered for the present campaign at all. A member who has registered for the present campaign but with other teaming options will not receive the email.