Sometimes a fundraiser may not raise enough money to cover the cost of their participation in your event. We understand that this is quite a delicate situation, and have therefore developed tools you may use to communicate with the fundraiser and possibly charge them the difference (or some other defined amount). Please see The Recommitment Process article on how to use this feature. To enable this feature, please continue reading.
Enabling RecommitmentIf your campaign is configured with a compatible processor, you may enable recommitment. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the entity (organization, group, or campaign) on which you'd like to configure this setting. Click here to learn more about inherited settings.
- Click the "Fundraising" tab
- In the ensuing "Fundraising Settings" tab, scroll down to the "Recommitment" section
- Toggle the "Enable Recommitment" setting
- Toggle the "Collect card on file during registration" setting to capture registrants' payment information during registration. Note that in order to capture payment information during registration, the registration must have a fee.
- To use a primary registrant's payment method for all users within that account, toggle the "Apply primary user’s card on file to all managed users within that account" setting. Note that this will only take affect for managed users who are registered while this setting is enabled, and will not apply to users who are registered after the payment method has been saved.
Once this is done, you will be able send recommitment emails to registrants (see how-to). The Recommitment request auto responder includes a link that directs recipients to a form in their dashboard, through which they can provide their card details to be held for a potential recommitment charge. Custom fields can be added to this form — to set this up, please contact email@example.com.