Once donation matching is enabled on a campaign, donors/matchers can create matches via the match form on the front end of campaign sites. To create a match, follow these steps:
- On the desired campaign site, add "/donate/match" to the URL. Alternatively, click on any potentially available link or button on the site prompting donors to create matches.
- On the match form, choose a goal or fundraising page to which to match all donations. Matchers can match all donations to the campaign, or all donations that are donated towards a specific personal or team fundraising page.
- Select a start date. Can be immediate or a specific date in the future.
- Select an end date. Can be a date in the future or coinciding with the campaign end date as determined by an administrator.
- Set a maximum amount to match.
- Choose what to do with any potential remainder, which is the difference between the actual matched amount at the end of the match and the maximum amount entered above. The remainder can be assigned as a general donation or refunded back to the matcher.
- Enter donor information and display preferences.
- Enter payment information.
- Click "Create Match!"
Once submitted, the matcher's card will be charged the amount entered in the "Maximum Match Amount" field. The matcher will receive an email confirming the match and its details.
At the end of the match, if there's a difference between the charged amount and the matched amount, the charge will be revisited based on the donation remainder selection: either the remainder will be assigned as a general donation or it will be refunded back to the matcher's payment method. The matcher will receive an email at that time informing them of the transaction.
Matchers can view their match transactions and related donations in the User Profile section, under Payments. Click here to learn more.