The Neon Fundraise Admin provides many different ways of managing, modifying, and reporting on donation matches and match activity.
Managing Donation Matches
The primary way to view and manage donation matches is in the Admin, under Transactions > Matches. In this grid, administrators can:
- View all ended, active, and future matches
- Filter grid to view desired matches, export to CSV
- Create new matches (click here for more)
- Modify various aspects of matches (note: due to data integrity concerns, many settings of active or past matches cannot be changed)
- End active matches
- Fulfill unfulfilled matches
- Delete matches that are ended and have no donations associated with them
To delete already matched amounts from a match, locate and delete (click here for how) the matching donation that was generated by the match. Once deleted, the total matched amount will update automatically to reflect the change.
Various aspects of donation matching can be reported on using prefab reports in the Reports tab in the Admin.
In donation reports, administrators can track:
- The Effective Amount of a matched donation
- The Matched Donation ID of a matching donation
- The Match ID of a matching donation
These columns are available in all the following Donations reports:
- Donations - All Campaigns
- Donations - Entire Org
- Donations with Causes
- Donations with Tribute Notifications
Transactions and Credit Card Reports
Administrators can track match transactions in the Transactions and Credit Card Payments reports. Only online match transactions (excluding those entered through the Admin) appear in the latter reports. Match transactions include a Match ID and the transaction type "Donation Match".
These transactions appear in the following reports:
- Transactions - All Campaigns
- Transactions - Entire Org
- Credit Card Payments
- Credit Card Payments - All Campaigns
Matched Donations Report
In this report, administrators can view all donations in the campaign that were matched, with references to all the matching donations for each matched donation, and total effective amounts.
Donation Matches Report
In this report, administrators can view all matches in a campaign and their related information, including donor information, match amounts and limits, and match statuses and stats.
As explained here, the way the system matches donations is by creating matching donations of the same amount (or following the specified match parameters, as the case may be) per matched donation, assigned to the same recipient as the matched donation. For the purposes of CRM syncing, only the credit transaction charged at the end of the match is synced to CRM.
(In the case of prepaid matches, the transaction charged upon creation of the match is synced to CRM at that time. Please note that updates are not synced subsequently — including if part of the original payment amount is refunded when the match is settled, in which case the total match amount will appear differently in Neon Fundraise and CRM.)
Supported integrations: currently, donation matches only sync to Salesforce. The match transaction is synced as described above as an opportunity.