The Neon Fundraise integration automatically pushes donor and donation records, as well as contact and registration records that are created in Neon Fundraise to new or matched account records in Neon CRM.
In order to establish the integration between Neon Fundraise and Neon CRM, you will need to do some pre-configuration on the Neon CRM side, and retrieve your Organization ID and an API Key from your Neon CRM system to configure the integration itself. See below for detailed instructions.
Configure your Neon CRM Integration
Create Neon CRM Campaign
Before configuring the integration, you will need to create a campaign in your Neon CRM instance to which Neon Fundraise donations will sync.
- Once logged in to Neon CRM, navigate to Fundraising > Campaigns. Create a new campaign by clicking the "New Campaign" button.
- Set the option "Support Peer-to-Peer Fundraising" to Yes.
Creating Neon CRM Events
Before configuring the integration, you will need to create an event in your Neon CRM instance to which all Neon Fundraise registrations will sync. If you do not want to sync registrations to Neon CRM, you can skip this step:
- Once logged in to Neon CRM, navigate to Events. Create a new event by clicking the "New Event" button.
- In the ensuing new event interface, add an event name and other information as desired.
- Financial Settings:
- If you are syncing registrations, under "Financial Settings", set the event as a single-admission event.
- If you are syncing tickets, under "Financial Settings", set the event as Multiple ticket prices, one attendee per ticket
- Amount fee:
- If you are syncing registrations, enter an amount fee, however please note that registrations will sync from Neon Fundraise with the fee set in Neon Fundraise regardless of the value of this field. If your Neon Fundraise campaign is configured with Quick Role Registration, which is not common, the Neon CRM event should be a free event.
- If you are syncing tickets, the sync can create tickets in your Neon CRM for you. Tickets will be matched to the ticket ID (using the API name)
Retrieving Your Organization ID
- Navigate to Settings cog > Organization Profile & Billing.
- Scroll down to the “Database Information” section. Your Organization ID will be displayed here:
Retrieving Your API Key
API Keys are attached to NeonCRM system user accounts. We recommend creating a new user account for this integration and naming it Neon Fundraise Integration. This will make it easier to identify new records from Neon Fundraise in Neon CRM and help prevent accidentally disabling this system user. Disabling this system user will inactivate the API Key, and the integration will stop working.
To get your API Key, follow these steps:
Log in to your Neon CRM system.
Navigate to: Settings cog > User Management.
Click Add New User.
Populate the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields
Enable the API access for this user account. Click the toggle to enable. This will display your API key.
Click Create User on the top right of the page to complete this process
Entering your Organization ID and API Key in Neon Fundraise
- Log into the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the campaign on which you'd like to configure this integration
- Select System > Integrations
- Check Neon CRM
- Populate the Neon CRM Org ID and Neon CRM API Key fields and click Save Changes.
Once the changes are saved you will have the ability to enable syncing for donations and registrations. Enable each feature respectively by checking the box for that feature. Once that's done—
- Under donations, a dropdown will display with your active and available Neon CRM campaigns. Select one of these campaigns to associate it with your Neon Fundraise campaign. Additionally, you can choose to sync the donations to a Neon CRM fund. If you choose to not select a campaign and/or fund, all donations will sync to Neon CRM without any campaign or fund information.
- Under registrations, choose whether to sync registrations or tickets. Then, select the corresponding Neon CRM event to which to sync registrations from the dropdown. If an event is not selected, registrations will not be synced at all. Note that registrations and tickets cannot both be synced simultaneously from the same campaign.
Click Save Changes one last time, and you’re all set to sync donor accounts, donations, and registrations (or tickets) from Neon Fundraise to Neon CRM.
Additional ways to integrate with Neon CRM (optional)
In addition to specifying a Neon CRM campaign or fund to sync credit card donations to, and a Neon CRM event to sync registrations to, there are further options to trigger system emails from Neon CRM as well as the option to sync offline donation records.
Neon CRM System Emails
For both donations and registrations, you can elect for Neon CRM to send your default system emails. To enable, select the option Send Neon CRM System Emails.
Disabling the "Donation Confirmation" and "Registration Confirmation" auto responders in Neon Fundraise is recommended if the option to “Send Neon CRM System Emails” is selected. This can be done by navigating to Email > Automated Emails. Double-click Donation Confirmation, and in the ensuing window, click Edit, select the checkbox next to Disable?, and then click Save at the bottom of the panel. Do the same for the Registration Confirmation auto responder.
Sync Offline Donations
Selecting this option will sync donation records that were created using a payment type other than “Credit Card”. Offline donations can only be created by Neon Fundraise administrators in a campaign’s admin panel or by a logged in fundraiser. Offline donations entered by fundraisers will need to be verified by an administrator before the record will sync to Neon CRM.