Automated emails are a powerful tool that allows administrators to set a range of criteria which will automatically generate and send personalized emails when triggered. Combining triggers with placeholders makes this tool even more powerful by generating completely personalized emails.
To create a new automated email, follow these steps:
- Log into the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the entity (organization, group, or campaign) on which you'd like to configure this setting. Click here to learn more about inherited settings.
- Click the "Email" tab
- Click "Custom Emails" in the left sidebar
- Click the "New Custom Email" button
- Add a Template Name
- Select a condition from the list. Parameters related to that condition will appear below.
- Fill in the desired parameters
- Choose whether to limit the absolute number of emails sent from a campaign for this trigger
- Click "Next" to compose the email, including the subject and body. (See here for more on composing emails.)
- Click "Next" to preview what your email will look like. In this interface, you can toggle the sample data used to see how the email will look in various scenarios. If you added liquid logic to this template, the preview will initially load with sample data. There will be checkboxes on the left side of the preview window for you to override the sample data with your liquid logic. The initial state of these checkboxes is "not checked" in order to display the sample data without any alterations.
- Click "Create"
It is also possible to configure emails that are sent based on actions not available in the admin and/or multiple conditions. Please contact us to configure these more advanced automated emails.