Users in the Neon Fundraise system are recognized at the organization level. This allows returning users to be recognized when they log in or register on a campaign in which they weren't previously registered. This applies to users who registered on one campaign and then visit another, as well as users who are returning to register for a relaunched campaign year over year. The two flows of logging in and registering, are outlined below.
If a user logs into a campaign for which they are not registered, they are immediately directed to the Get Involved page. This page contains:
- A paragraph of text inviting the user to register (please contact us to edit this text)
- A large, unmissable register button
- A section below displaying all the pages the fundraiser has created within the platform
If registration on the given campaign is closed, the text changes to indicate that registration is closed, and offers helpful links to the campaign homepage and user profile. Additionally, the register button is removed. Please note that if you don't want users registering on a given campaign or platform site, ensure that registration is closed. Otherwise, users will be able to register through the Get Involved page.
If quick registration is enabled, clicking the Register button will register the user immediately. If detailed or role registration is enabled, clicking the Register button will direct the user to the registration page with their information pre-populated.
When a recognized email is entered during quick registration, a popup appears prompting the user to log in instead of register. Once they do, they are directed to the Get Involved page, as per the above flow. If the user dismisses the popup and registers instead, they are prompted to enter their existing password (as opposed to creating a new one). If their email and password match, they are registered for the present campaign.
When a recognized email is entered during detailed registration, the email and password fields are highlighted, while all other fields are disabled. The user is prompted to enter their existing password (as opposed to creating a new one). If the email and password match, they can continue the registration process. For more on returning users in detailed registration, click here.
The role registration process is designed from the bottom up with returning users in mind. The initial registration screen contains only an email field. If the email entered is recognized, the user is taken to the second screen which contains only a password field. They are prompted to use their existing password, and if it is correct, the user is taken to the role registration process with their information pre-populated. For more on returning users in the role registration process, click here.
Importing Past Information
Users can import contacts from a different or previous instance of a campaign. For more, see Importing contacts from another campaign.
When a user donates using a recognized email, the system will recognize the user and associate them with the existing Neon Fundraise account. The donor's name will be used to determine whether to create a new user within that account (learn more about managed users):
- If the name matches the name of an existing user under that email account, the donation will be associated with that user.
- If the name does not match the name of any existing user under that email account, a new user (donor) will be created within that email account.
The same matching principle applies when adding a donation in the admin panel.
When a matched user is found, the following related fields will be updated based on the user's new submission:
- Company name will update with the new value across all the user's donations.
- Any address or phone that differs from existing addresses related to the user will be added to the user's record but will not be set as the primary address/phone. As such, the new address or phone will not be displayed to the user or administrator.