Donations can be marked as pledges in Neon Fundraise. This allows organizations to identify donations that weren't yet received and report on them. Donations are marked with the "Pledge" payment type in the donation record in the Admin. Note that marking a donation as a pledge does not affect whether they appear in fundraising totals.
Submitting a Donation Pledge
There are two ways a donation might be submitted as a pledge:
- A fundraiser entering an offline donation chooses "Pledge" as the donation type.
- An administrator selects the "Pledge" payment type when entering a donation (or editing it) in the Admin.
In either of these two scenarios, a dedicated pledge autoresponder is sent to the donor (provided the donation was entered with the donor's email address). This autoresponder is accessible in the Admin under Email > Automated Emails > Donation Pledge Confirmation.
- The email is sent regardless of whether the donation is verified. To differentiate verified vs. unverified pledges in the email message, use placeholder
- Like regular donations, pledges count towards fundraising goals unless they are not verified.
- The email is not sent when an existing donation is marked as a pledge.
Fulfilling a Donation Pledge
Once submitted, donation pledges have a fulfillment status of "unfulfilled", which indicates that the organization has not received the pledged funds yet. This indicator is displayed on the donation record in the Admin and in the User Profile section.
Once the organization receives the funds, administrators can submit an offline "Credit" transaction to offset or fulfill the amount pledged, which then sets the fulfillment status of the pledge donation to "fulfilled".
Only administrators can fulfill pledges at this time. To fulfill a pledge, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the donation pledge record in the Admin, either using the global search function, or in the donations grid within the relevant campaign.
- Once the record is pulled up, click the "Fulfill" button. This will open a form where a Credit transaction can be submitted.
- At this time, Credits can only be submitted as offline transactions.
- Once the Credit is submitted, the donation pledge will display its fulfilled status as "fulfilled", both in the Admin and in the User Profile section where the transaction is displayed.
Alternatively, administrators can fulfill pledges by creating credit transactions directly in the Credits grid:
- Navigate to Transactions > Credits within a given campaign
- Click the red plus button
- Fill out the requisite donor information or choose an existing donor, then choose the donation settings
- Choose any pledges that the credit should fulfill
- Set the amount and payment type
- Click "Add Credit"
Viewing and Reporting
Administrators can report on pledges by running donation or transaction reports and filtering them by Payment Type. Administrators can further report on which pledges have or have not been fulfilled by filtering the above reports by the "Fulfilled" column.
Donors can view donation pledges in their User Profile, under Payments > Transactions. Donation pledges are listed as any other donation, with the payment method reflecting that it's a pledge, as well as its fulfillment status.
Administrators can view and manage Credits in the Credits grid in the Admin, under "Transactions". All Credit transactions, along with their information and associated pledge donations, can be viewed in this grid.
Administrators can report on Credit transactions either in by running the Transactions report and filtering by transaction type (for which "Credit" is one), or by running the dedicated "Credit Transactions" report.
Donors can view Credit transactions in their User Profile, under Payments > Transactions. Credits are listed in the transactions list as type "Credit".