Your charge report can be customized using filters and output columns.
🛈 Learn more about how to run the Charge Report
- Filters allow you to control what charges are included in the report output.
- Metadata provides more detailed information about charges and can be filtered in this report.
- Columns allow you to control what information about each charge is included in the report output.
- Merchant Account - This menu will allow you to select which merchant account for which the report should be produced. You many only run this report for one merchant account at a time. If you notice this option is gray and cannot be changed, your organization has just one merchant account.
- Charge Date - Allows you to filter charges based on when they occurred. A start date will begin 12:00 AM and the end date will end 11:59:59 PM (local time zone).
- Payment Method
- All - Credit Card charges and ACH transfers
- ACH - Automatic Clearing House (Bank Transfers)
- Credit Card - charges processed through a credit card account
- Status - Using the dropdown menu, you may select one or more statuses. Choose the encircled X next to a selected status to remove it from your filter criteria.
Each status is defined below.
- All Processed Statuses - These charges have been processed successfully. This output will include payments and refunds but will not include unresolved charges such as canceled or pending charges.
🛈 Note: this differs from the charges menu in Neon Pay which will include unresolved charges.
- Canceled - The charge was canceled by the merchant before it settled.
- Failed - The charge was declined by the processor, card network, or card issuing bank.
- Partially Refunded - A partial amount of the original charge has been refunded.
- Pending - The charge has not yet settled.
- Refunded - These are outgoing funds. The refunded amount is equal to the original charge amount.
- Succeeded - The charge has completed successfully.
- Charge Payout ID - To filter charges to only those that are included in a certain Payout, include the Payout ID here. The filter will only support one Payout ID at a time.
If available, Metadata provides more detailed information about a charge. Some platforms store metadata and pass it to Neon Pay. If available, it can be filtered in this report.
- These fields are Case Sensitive.
- There is no on-screen feedback for entering criteria. Simply type your criteria and move to the next field.
- To include multiple filter criteria for the same metadata, click the Add Filter option. All filter criteria must be entered on its own line.
Note: Metadata offered for filtering may vary based on the platform you’re using in connection with Neon Pay.
Output columns allow you to control what information you see in the report output. The available checkboxes toggle these columns on and off in your final output.
Note: some columns cannot be excluded and will appear light blue and not editable.