TaxJar is a provider of automated sales tax calculation, reporting, and filing software for online sellers and merchants. The Neon CRM TaxJar integration uses the TaxJar API to provide real time sales tax calculations at checkout in the Neon CRM online store, based on information about the purchase, including seller and purchaser addresses, shipping details, product types, and more.
The TaxJar integration requires a TaxJar account at the Professional tier or higher.
How to set up the TaxJar integration
- Login to Neon CRM and choose Store → Settings
- Click Edit to the left of Tax Setup
- On the Tax Setup page, select TaxJar
- Provide your TaxJar API token
🛈 Click here for information from TaxJar on obtaining an API token
- Enter a Default Tax Rate as a fallback in case TaxJar is not able to calculate sales tax for a purchase
- Enter a Nexus Address—typically the address where the organization is registered or has a physical presence
- For every product in the store, select a Tax Category to indicate the type of product, which is required for determining how certain products should be taxed
- Navigate to Store → Products
- For each Product, choose Edit from the action menu to the right or click the product name to enter the Product Edit page
- On the Edit Product page, click the Edit button in the top-left
- Find the Tax Category entry under the Tax Information section and use the available search box to search and apply a Tax Category. Or, if applicable, choose the box labeled This product is exempt from sales tax.
How do I calculate sales tax with TaxJar when entering purchases on frontend or backend forms?
Once the integration is configured, sales tax is calculated automatically with TaxJar. There are no changes to the checkout experience when using the TaxJar integration.
Are transactions sent to TaxJar after a purchase is complete? Will details about Neon CRM appear in my TaxJar account?
No, the integration does not send purchase data into TaxJar after the purchase is complete.
However, you can use Neon CRM reports to export CRM Store transactions to a CSV for import into your TaxJar account using TaxJar’s import utility.
Where can I find my API token?
Check out this article from TaxJar:
How do I get a TaxJar sales tax API token?
What is a nexus address?
Review these articles from TaxJar:
Address of Nexus Guidelines
How do I know where I have nexus?
Why is the sales tax for this purchase showing #% (or $0 tax)?
Verify that the Tax Category is set for all products. For further assistance, please contact TaxJar support: https://support.taxjar.com/
How do I get Neon CRM store purchases into my TaxJar account?
We suggest either the Transaction Report or Itemized Transaction Report to export a CSV that can be imported with TaxJar’s import utility.