There are many types of users who access the Giving Day platform for varying purposes. Each type of user, which will require a unique login, is defined below.
Types of Users
- Host - These users administer the Giving Day platform for all other users. They control key aspects of the campaign such as name, date, registration requirements, application review and acceptance, and peer-to-peer fundraiser pages.
- Business Funders - These users are representatives of businesses who partner with the Giving Day to view and manage donations attributed to employees of their business.
- Nonprofit Organization - Also referred to as simply Organization. Participants of a Giving Day login as a nonprofit user. These users administer their unique Giving Day profile page content, run reports on donors and donations, and manage peer-to-peer fundraiser pages.
- Fundraiser - A Fundraiser is an advocate for a nonprofit organization who creates a personal fundraising page to promote and collect funds for an organization. Though a single person may be both a fundraiser and a donor, the Giving Day platform will have two logins; one for their donor information and one to manage their fundraiser page.
- Donor - These users may be provided with a Giving Day login when they make their donation, which allows them to access their donation history for the associated Giving Day. The alternative is to donate as a guest, which does not result in a Donor Login. Though a single person may be both a fundraiser and a donor, the Giving Day platform will have two logins; one for their donor information and one to manage their fundraiser page.