Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI): principled ideals that might be in your mission statement. But what do these terms mean, and what does it mean to advance equity, pursue diversity, and foster inclusion at your organization? In fact, why is doing so important? In this NeonOne panel, we will consider the significance of these principals in nonprofit work, gain insights into how other nonprofits have approached EDI, and discuss what it means to truly pursue EDI.
Slides from the presentation are available here: EDI Webinar Slides.pdf
- Consultant Blog Posts
- Desiree Adaway : It’s Not About Diversity, It’s All About Justice
- Heidi Massey : Strategic Planning Through An Anti-Racism Lens
- Laurin Mayeno : What’s Gender Diversity Got To Do With My Nonprofit?
- Dr. J.W. Wiley : Are You Ready To Embrace Diversity At Your Nonprofit?
Anti-Oppression Resources : this massive listing is an up to date Google Sheet of over
100 guides, worksheets, blogs, PowerPoint presentations, and more
Seeing and Naming Racism in Nonprofits and Public Organizations : Laurin Mayeno has
put together a great overview on how to identify racism in our everyday lives.
One of a Kind Like Me/Único Como Yo - a wonderful children’s book on gender diversity
by Laurin Mayeno
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work - 8 Questions: a web based version of the handout provided in the webinar, presented by Mayeno Consulting
Anti-Oppression Audit : a comprehensive approach by The Adaway Group on assessing
your organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion practices
Anti-Racism Training : facilitated by the team at CommunityConnective, a great series of
workshops to bring to your own nonprofit
Diversity Enlightenment Sessions : an overview of Dr. J.W. Wiley’s impactful approach to
facilitating change within your nonprofit organization
- Realizing you need the assistance of a consultant to address inclusion at your organization? Take a look at our NeonOne Consultant Network here.