This guide describes Neon CRM’s classic Navigation Forms feature. In December 2021, we released a new theme builder through which you can create branded themes for your Neon CRM forms and pages. We encourage you to create themes to take advantage of this new and improved functionality. We will continue to support and maintain existing navigation form web templates throughout 2022.
You are still able to create Themes & apply them as needed to fundraising campaign or event registration forms.
Over time, your organization may make minor changes to your website (such as changing your navigation links). After your organization makes changes to your website, feel free to submit a support request with a detailed explanation of the changes that have been made to your website. We will then be happy to adjust your Neon web template so your website and Neon forms will always match each other.
Note: Your NeonCRM template does NOT update dynamically to match your website. If you make minor changes to your website (e.g., added/removed links in your navigation bar), submit a support request listing the changes made and we'll make the necessary adjustments to your Neon web template so that your front-end forms match your current website.
If your organization completely changes the basis for your website, we may have to invoice you for the cost of a new web template ($300).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of items are not supported in Neon templates? Due to coding and compatibility issues, Neon web templates cannot contain certain forms of dynamic content.
- Facebook and Twitter feeds (links to Facebook or Twitter pages are acceptable and encouraged)
- RSS feeds (upcoming events widgets, automatically updating calendars, etc.)
- Flash images, videos, or applets
- Dynamically updating language options
- Navigation links that are "active" when on a specific page
- What does Neon recommend excluding from a Navigation form? Avoid the following since your web template does not update automatically and some elements have display or performance issues.
- Sidebars or narrow website content areas
- Time-sensitive information in the header or footer
- Animation, music, or video elements
- What if I have any of these items on my website? Please let us know if you have any of the above items on your website so we can omit them from your Neon web template.
- Does my web designer or organization have access to edit the source code? No, at this time we do not allow any programmers or web designers to have direct access to an organization's NeonCRM web template source code.
- If I make changes to my website, will the NeonCRM web template reflect that? No, it will not. Ideally your organization should submit to us a template that is relatively static and will not need many or any changes made to it. If a change is needed, submit a support ticket.
- Can changes be made to my template, even after first submitting it? Yes, absolutely. They will simply need to be submitted through the support center. Please provide our development team as much detail as possible in regards to what should be done. Providing screen shots will assist in this as well.
- Will you charge my organization for any changes to my template? Overall, we do not charge for minor changes in wording or navigation updates. However, if your organization completely changes the basis of the template URL we will need to invoice your for a new template copy ($300).
- I have files instead of a template URL. Should I submit those? No. We have found that the most efficient way to perform the web template copy is to provide us with a URL for a web page that has already been programmed. We prefer to not work with files that have not been formatted for view yet.
- Will my NeonCRM forms and pages still work during the template copy process? Yes, your Neon forms and pages will function normally while our developers work on your new template. You will still be able to accept donations and transactions during the template copy process.
- My website is being hosted on a development server before going "live." How can I ensure that the development links are not in my template? We can easily accommodate this important step. When submitting your template URL from the development site please make sure to tell our development team which links need to be replaced and with what (e.g. whenever there is development.nonprofitwebsite.org replace with the URL www.nonprofitwebsite.org)
- When do NeonCRM links go "live" on my website? The hyperlinks are with your NeonCRM system the moment you login to your system. We are always hosting them, but the general public will not know about them until your organization shares the hyperlinks. Click here to learn how to connect your website to the NeonCRM to make it "live" within minutes!
- How long does it take to create my Neon web template? New web templates will be available within 5 business days of the authorization date.
- If I have very specific style sheet instructions, can the NeonCRM accommodate those? We attempt to apply all coding provided us into the template, but sometimes our development team cannot accommodate very specific requests. Please submit these questions for specific review by our development team in the support center.
- My website is in Flash, do you work with that? Flash is an Adobe software built for displaying audio and video within webpages. Websites entirely built in Flash are not searchable by Search Engines and should never be used to build full websites. In the near future, some browsers will not support Flash at all. Based upon this, NeonCRM cannot render webforms or pages to be displayed in any website built entirely in Flash.
- What is the CSS that is generally used by NeonCRM for their clients? You can review that style sheet here.
- Can I edit the CSS on the template without contacting your support team?
Yes, you sure can! Navigate to Global Settings Custom CSS. We will maintain the most recent code and also allow you to restore the previous version.
- What about the fields in the form itself? We will apply your CSS style sheet that affects how the fields display, but you can also edit your standard forms as well. Click here to learn how to do this. However, the web template copy and the field editing generally do not affect each other in any way.
- I want control over all styling and code. How can I accomplish this? In certain sections of the system, specifically the Custom Survey/Form Builder, you may gain access to a code snippet. For the most control, you can build through our API.