The redesigned Events Plugin is a unique feature available to all Neon Web Studio clients. Like the standard Neon Event List, it creates a dynamic listing of upcoming NeonCRM events. Unusually, however, the Events Plugin offers additional functionality.
- Toggle between list & calendar
- Include user-submitted events & those managed outside of Neon
- Filter lists by event category
- Embed the widget on any Inspire web page to control the appearance
Events can be added in three ways.
- Pulled from NeonCRM. Events created in NeonCRM will be included on your site's backend as a draft.
- Submitted by visitors. If you provide the form, site visitors can submit events as well. If a membership perk is publicity for the member’s events, they can submit their events to be shown in this central list. Let your web designer or technical support know if you would like to use this.
Added by admins. Lastly, site admins can directly add events into the WordPress backend. This is a good fit for externally hosted events, like performances paid through a proprietary ticketing service.
- To add an event through the back end, navigate to Events > Add New.
- Add a 1) Title, 2) Description, 3) Category, 4) Featured Image, and 5) Details.
Events always enter the WordPress back end as a draft which must be published to display.
To publish an event, navigate to Events > All Events. Select Quick Edit for your desired event and toggle the status to Published. Click Update to confirm the change.
After an event is added it will be included on the event list page.
The list can be toggled into a calendar view.
The events will display automatically on these pages. Fill in your URL to see your pages.
Using the Inspire Events Widget
The plugin also produces embeddables which can be added to any Inspire page. Embedding this resource gives you full control over whether the information is full-page, single column, nested among other information, or more.
The Widget produces an embeddable version of the Event list page.
Event lists can be filtered by category. If you offer multiple types of events - say, pottery & sculpting- the widget can be embedded on your site multiple times, displaying just one category each time.
To add the List Widget:
- Enable the page builder
- Select the plus icon on the top right corner
- Under the Group dropdown menu, select "Wordpress Widgets"
- Drag and drop the "Inspire Events Widget"
- Save module
- Select Done button on the top right corner
- Select Publish
If you prefer to embed a calendar, add [fullcalendar] to the page content.