Email statistics provide you with an in-depth look at your email campaign performance. Tracking these performance statistics will help you understand what your constituents are more likely to engage with.
To locate your email campaigns, sign in to your CRM account and choose Emails → Statistics from the top menu.
At the top of your page, you’ll find your overall campaign statistics. These are combined statistics for all campaigns that match your filter criteria.
Your campaign emails are displayed in a table format with the following statistics displayed:
- Email Name - the name assigned to the email campaign and is internal only
- Attempted - the number of recipients to which this email was sent
- Sent - the number successfully sent, which excludes bounced or errored emails
- Opens - the number of recipients who opened this email (unique opens only)
- Clicks - the number of recipients who clicked a link from within this email (unique clicks only)
- Bounced - the number of email addresses that bounced back
- Unsubscribed - the number of recipients who unsubscribed from this email campaign
- Audience - the audience to which the campaign was sent
- Delivery Started - the date and time when the email was queued up to send
- Delivery Completed - the date and time that it was complete
- Status - the status of the email campaign
Select the checkbox next to a campaign to be presented with additional action buttons at the top of your list view:
- View Sent - will bring you to your Sent Emails List page in Neon CRM and view the individual sent emails and their status such as succeed, bounced, etc. and manage these emails.
- View Unique Recipients - provides a complete breakdown of the recipients of the campaign and their individual engagements with it.
- Compare Statistics - select up to 4 campaigns and click compare statistics to compare the 24-hour performance report among multiple campaigns in a single view.
While your email statistics page provides you with top campaign stats, clicking a campaign name will allow you to drill down into more detailed statistics. Choose Emails → Statistics from the top menu and click the campaign name to view detailed stats.
From the figure above:
- A - The top section displays much of the same information found on the statistics list page such as the campaign name, audience name, and number of recipients in the audience.
- B - This section is where the most detailed statistics are found. Included below is a list of statistics and how these calculations are made:
- % Opened: The number of unique opens compared to the total number of sent emails. This calculation does not factor in bounces and other errored emails.
- % Clicked: The number of unique clicks compared to the total number of sent emails. This calculation does not factor in bounces and other errored emails.
- % Bounced: The number of bounced recipient emails compared to the number of sent emails.
- % Unsubscribed: The number of unsubscribed recipients compared to the number of sent emails.
- Total opens: The total number of times this email was opened. These are not unique opens. If a recipient opens the email multiple times, each open will be counted. Tip: Click this number to view all of the individual recipients who opened the email alongside the number of times they opened it and the date of the last time they viewed it.
- Total clicks: The total number of times that a link in this email was clicked. These are not unique clicks. If a recipient clicks multiple links, or if the same link is clicked multiple times by a single recipient, each click will be counted. Tip: Click this number to view which links were clicked alongside the number of unique and total clicks for each link.
- Clicks per unique opens: Compares the number of unique clicks to the number of unique opens.
- C - Your 24-hour performance chart displays your open and click activity within the first 24 hours of sending your campaign.
- D - Top URLs Clicked will display the most visited links in your campaign and the number of clicks per link.
- E - Subscribers with Most Opens lists the recipients who were the most active in opening your email.
- F - Location data shows you which part of the country or the world were engaged with your email campaign. Use the option beneath the map to toggle between the country and world views.