Neon CRM allows you to add constituents to email audiences from different sources including email address imports, live reports of Neon CRM accounts, and published newsletter subscription forms.
The published newsletter subscription form differs from live reports in key ways:
- Emails are collected via an Email Newsletter Subscription Form that is auto-generated by Neon when publishing the email audience. Each list has a unique subscription form, in addition to the Standard Form which lists all published email audiences.
- Only name and email data will be stored for each person on this list. Subscribing to a published email audience does NOT create a Neon account for the subscriber, they are simply added to the email audience.
- Publishing an email audience will generate a Subscription Link, a unique URL that can be to direct people to sign up to receive emails from your organization. Each published email audience has a unique code snippet feature that allows you to embed this form on your website.
- Once published, an email audience will automatically be added to your Standard Email Newsletter Subscription Form that will allow people to opt-in to one or more published email audiences.
When creating a new email audience, you can publish the audience right away.
- Sign in to your CRM account
- Choose Emails → Email Audiences from the top menu
- Click New Audience in the top-right
- Complete the New Audience form
- Assign a Name to the audience
- Optionally, include a Description to display a message to your audience that is visible when they sign up
- Use the toggle to Publish Audience
To publish an existing email audience, click the three dots (...) in the upper right corner of the page and select the Publish option when viewing the audience.
Your form URL can be found by selecting the Form URL button at the top of the email audience. You can add this link to your website to make it available to the public, or use Code Snippets to embed the generated form on any website.
Links to all your Email Newsletter Subscription Forms are available here: Forms & Pages > Forms.
The Forms page will appear. If you wish, you may designate a favorite email subscription form that appears at the top of the page, as shown below.
You may also use the page filter to locate email subscription pages. Select the Type filter and then select Email Subscription from the list (you may also deselect other options from the list to further narrow your search). After you have selected the applicable form type(s), click anywhere on the page. All Email Subscription pages will appear.
The Standard Form is your main subscription page where all published email audiences are listed. This section also lists the direct links to subscribe to individual email audiences. When a constituent signs up from one of these subscription pages, their email address will be added directly to your audience.
Neon CRM will automatically de-duplicate email addresses that appear in both the Live Report results and the published subscription form. For example, if Elliott Jones were to sign up to receive emails through the Distribution List form, Neon CRM would automatically disregard his email address because he already exists in this Email Audience with an account in Neon CRM.
When a constituent signs up for a published email audience, they see the following message on the exit page:
"Thank you for signing up to receive emails. You will be sent a confirmation email shortly. Once you follow the link in that email, you will be subscribed."
The subscriber receives the below Email Subscription Confirmation Email:
Subject: Email Subscription Confirmation
Message: You are receiving this message because you have recently signed up to receive emails from <>.
In order to receive these emails, you must confirm your email address. Click this link to confirm.
If you do not want to receive these emails, do nothing. You will be automatically opted out.
Clicking the link opens a confirmation page:
"Thank you for signing up to receive emails. Your email address is now confirmed."
System users can go to the Sent Emails list to search for and monitor "Email Subscription Confirmation" emails sent from their Neon CRM.