How do I move money to my bank account?
Payouts are handled automatically by NeonPay. Payouts may not be scheduled or initiated manually.
How frequently can payouts be made to my bank account(s)?
They may occur daily, weekly, or monthly depending on which schedule is chosen in NeonPay. There is a surcharge of 0.50% of the payout for receiving daily payouts.
How do I change how often my payouts occur?
In NeonPay, navigate to the Merchant Accounts menu item. Select the name of the Merchant Account. Edit the Payout Schedule.
How long does a payout take to process?
Typically, a payout takes two days to move from the Requested status to the linked bank account. Holidays and weekends may delay funds moving to a bank account.
Can I view the total fees I was charged for a payout?
Yes. Navigate to the payout you’d like to view. Once the payout is fully processed, a table appears at the top that includes the fees assessed on the payout.
Why is the number of fees greater than the number of charges?
A single charge may incur multiple fees: authorization, capture, American Express surcharge, etc. There may also be authorization fees included for charges created within the payout batch, but hadn’t settled before the batch closed. We lump the fees together in the Payout’s Transactions list to give you an expected total of fees per charge.
How do I change the banking information payouts are sent to?
Navigate to the Merchant Accounts menu item. Select the name of the Merchant Account. Click the pencil icon next to Linked Bank Account.
How do I view the transactions that made up a payout?
Click Payouts to view a list of your payouts, then navigate to the payout you’d like to view. The list of transactions included in the payout appears.
Why doesn't a recent successful charge appear in my Payout?
A credit card or ACH transaction has three steps:
- Authorization: a merchant obtains approval for a charge from the cardholder's bank. During the authorization process, a transaction will show as Successful once it has been approved by the processor.
- Capture: the card holder's bank places a hold on the funds.
- Settlement: the money is transferred from your constituent's bank account into NeonPay. For credit card transactions, this process typically takes 1-3 business days. ACH charges typically take 7 - 10 business days to be transferred from the constituent’s bank to NeonPay.
Once the charge arrives in your NeonPay balance, it is batched with the next payout. All fully settled funds will be paid out.
When I click a payout, why don’t the transactions appear below?
Individual charges batched as part of payouts will display once the payout is processed. If a payout is marked Requested, no list of transactions will appear.
What is Amount Withheld?
A portion of the NeonPay balance not included in a payout. This is the total difference between all Amounts and all Amounts Paid.
Discrepancies could come from a variety of sources.
- There is some processing time between when a payout is requested & processed. If a refund is requested or a charge is canceled during this period, it would bring the NeonPay balance below 0. If your NeonPay balance becomes became negative in between the batch closing & the payout, funds will be held to offset the negative amount against the balance of your next payout.
- If a refund is requested, the funds are held until it is resolved. If a payout is requested during this time, the held funds are not included. If the refund resolves with the funds going to the merchant while the payout is requested, these funds will show up as non disbursed. You will receive these funds in the next payout.
- We calculate your balance out to several decimal places, but we can only pay out amounts of a penny or more. Lingering thousandths of a cent will be held until the total reaches a penny.
- If fraud is detected on your payment processing account, we will limit the amount to be paid out. This is rare.
If these funds were not cancelled, refunded, or disputed, you can expect to receive the difference in the next rollover.
What is a rollover from a previous payout?
Funds that were held during payout processing from a previous period. The funds are now available to be paid out to your bank account.
Can I disable payouts?
No. Payouts will continue as long as funds are added.
How do I extract information from NeonPay for reconciliation?
Every table in NeonPay can be exported to CSV format, viewable in Excel. To download a CSV file of the charge detail of a payout, click the blue Export icon on the right side of the screen.
How do I report on data in NeonPay?
Navigate to the relevant module, such as Charges. Use the filters at the top of the page or Search by Customer to identify a sub-set. Click the Export icon in order to produce a CSV of the selected transactions.
Here are a few tips for better reporting.
- Date Range:
- Today, This Month, and This Year refer to calendar time. This Month, for example, includes June, not the last thirty days. These values are inclusive of the first and last value.
- Select Custom Range to enter your own dates.
- Status: refer to our full status glossary here
How do I see the history of a transaction in NeonPay?
Navigate to the charge in question and click on the amount. Full details about the transaction are available. Scroll to the Timeline section for the transaction’s history including capture, dispute, and refund.