Most organizations use a single Gateway to process all of their online payments. Setting up multiple gateways will allow different bank accounts to receive the money from different Neon Campaigns, Events, Store Products, and Membership Levels.
Setting up Multiple Credit Card Payment Gateways
The ability to add multiple payment gateways is disabled by default, but it can be enabled at no additional cost.
Step 1: Ensure you have access to multiple payment processor accounts
To see what gateway you are using, navigate to the Settings cog Global Settings Payments & Transactions Payment Gateways
Any configured gateways will appear here.
Step 2: Set up secondary gateway accounts
If you are using Neon Pay, create an additional merchant account. Fill out the merchant application again.
If you are using third-party gateways, contact your gateway independently to establish additional accounts.
Once these are complete, you can configure your gateway mapping here: Global Settings Gateway Rules.
Note: To see the new option in Global Settings, you may need to log out and back in again.
In Gateway Rules, click to Add Gateway Rule to specify all transactions for that campaign, event, membership level, or store product should be run through your secondary gateway.
By default, transactions will be processed through your default gateway. Create a separate rule for each campaign, event, membership level, or store product that should be mapped to a different gateway.
- While you can setup multiple credit card gateways, only one gateway account can accept ACH/E-Check payments.
- ACH/E-Check Payments do not respect Gateway Rules. If ACH/eCheck payments are enabled in your system, this payment method will be available for all forms.
- When making a payment via an online form, a constituent can choose their payment method (i.e., Credit Card, E-Check, or Deferred/Pay By Check). However, if they opt to pay by credit card, the constituent cannot choose which credit card gateway processes their payment. Neon will use whichever gateway is specified in your gateway settings mapping.
- You cannot send data to multiple gateways in a single transaction. When processing a payment for a shopping cart with multiple items, Neon will find the highest priced item in the shopping cart and use its designated gateway to process the entire payment. In other words, Neon cannot split a total payment amount and charge it separately through different gateways based on your gateway mapping - it will always be processed as a single payment via one gateway.
- When Multiple Gateway Settings are enabled, you will see options to map Memberships, Events, Campaigns and/or Store purchases according to the modules included in your Neon CRM subscription.
- When Multiple Gateway Settings are enabled, system users can select their desired payment gateway when setting up a Recurring Donation Schedule or Auto-Renewing Membership through the back-end of Neon CRM.