1. From within Neon CRM, click the link to Neon Pay.
2. Fill out a brief survey about your payment processing needs.
When submitted, the Neon One team will review your survey responses and follow up to complete your Neon Pay setup. When prompted, continue with Step 3.
Note: If you have recently talked to a Neon One team member about your payment processing needs and have already selected Neon Pay as your payment processor, you will be able to skip Step 2 and continue immediately with Step 3.
3. Fill out the short Neon Pay registration form.
You will be asked to set up 2-step authentication. Follow the steps to confirm your identity with an authenticator application or SMS text message. Be sure to save your back up codes.
4. You will then be brought to the Neon Pay dashboard. Click the widget to create a New Merchant Account.
Fill out the Merchant Account form, selecting Neon CRM in the dropdown menu.
- First, fill out your Account information.
- Neon One Application - choose the application you would like to associate with your Neon Pay merchant account.
- Enter an Account Nickname. This is the internal name you'll give to your merchant account.
- Enter a Billing Descriptor. This is what will appear on your constituents' card and bank statements.
- Next, your Organization Information
- Organization Name - enter your organization’s legal name as it appears on your IRS documentation. If your organization is known by or uses other names to refer to the organization as a whole, enter the alternate name in the billing descriptor line.
- Enter your Organization Type.
- Note: Non-Profit should not be selected if your organization's Non-Profit application is in pending status with the IRS.
- Enter your Organization’s Tax ID and Date Established as they appear on your IRS documentation.
- Note: If you select Nonprofit as your Organization Type, your Tax ID must match a registered nonprofit in the IRS database. If your Tax ID is not found, you will still be able to submit the application. However, we may reach out for more information in order to process your application.
- Enter your Organization’s phone number, email address, and physical address. A P.O. box is not allowed in the Organization Address field.
- Then, your Account Signer information.
- First and last name, date of birth, and Social Security Number (SSN) of a controlling member or executive is required by the processing bank in order to comply with FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations.
- The Account Signer can be a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, or board member; it must be someone in your organization who has the authority to make payment processing decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Enter the Account Signer’s Percent of Ownership. This value should be 0% for non-profit and government organizations.
- Enter the Account Signer’s personal address. A P.O. box or business address is not allowed in the Account Signer address field.
- Finally, enter your bank details
- Choose your payout schedule - either weekly or monthly. The Daily Payout option is not available during initial sign-up. Please contact Support for more information.
- Enter your bank account information, and confirm your account number. Carefully verify this information.
- Read through and agree to the Terms of Service, then click Create Account.
Once your merchant account is in a Verified status, you're ready to process payments! To confirm your Neon Pay account is connected to CRM properly, log in to Neon CRM and go to: Settings > Global Settings > Payment Gateways. If you see your Neon Pay account active as the default payment gateway, you are ready to process payments.
Merchant Account Onboarding FAQ
I don’t have access to some of the required information on the Merchant Account application. What should I do?
You will need to fill out all required fields on the Merchant Account application for your account to be configured. If you are unsure about what information to enter in a certain field, please contact Support to request further assistance.
Our Doing Business As name is not our legal Organization Name. Where should I enter our DBA name?
Enter your legal organization name as registered with the IRS in the Organization Name field, and your Doing Business As name in the Billing Descriptor field. This name will appear on your constituents’ bank and credit card statements.
My organization’s mailing address is a PO Box and we do not have a physical address. What should I enter as my Organization Address?
If your organization only uses a PO Box, you can enter the home address of the Account Signer, or home address of another organization executive. This address will not be published or printed, nor will any mail be sent to the address.
Why does Neon Pay require a Social Security Number?
Neon Pay’s processing bank requires the Account Signer’s Social Security Number, date of birth, and first and last name, in order to comply with government FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations, and satisfy the KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements of all financial institutions.
Can I change my linked bank account at a later time?
Yes. Navigate to the Merchant Accounts menu item and select the merchant account you'd like to update. Click the pencil icon to update your bank account information.
Can I change my billing descriptor at a later time?
The billing descriptor is set up when you fill out the Merchant Account application. You may not update the billing descriptor directly in the Neon Pay portal. Please reach out to our Support team to request a billing descriptor change.
My EIN says unverified. Can I still submit my merchant application?
Yes. We automatically check EINs during the application process, and sometimes the automatic check can't verify an EIN. You can still submit the application, but we might follow up for more information.
My account status is Not Ready. What does this mean?
Your application has not yet been processed but has been received.
My account status is Manual. What does this mean?
Your application has been received and is being held for manual review by our processor’s underwriting team. Manual review can take between 1 to 5 business days to complete. You may be contacted by our Support team to provide additional documentation.
How will I know when I can process with Neon Pay?
In most cases, your CRM will be ready to process payments with Neon Pay as soon as your merchant account is verified. To confirm your Neon Pay account is connected to CRM properly, log in to Neon CRM and go to: Settings > Global Settings > Payment Gateways. If you see your Neon Pay account active as the default payment gateway, you are ready to process payments.
If you are an existing Neon CRM customer migrating to Neon Pay, please reach out to your Client Account Specialist or our Support team for a timeline and checklist of remaining tasks needed to be accomplished.
Can I cancel at any time?
Yes. Deactivate Neon Pay in your application to stop sending over new charges. Contact your Application’s Technical Support as well to let us know. Existing charges can be disputed several months afterward, so the Merchant Account will remain accessible for limited activities. The Neon Pay team will deactivate your Neon Pay account so that no new charges can be submitted, and any remaining balance will be paid out.