Neon Payment Processing is an earlier version of NeonPay, available to clients who set up a native payment processor in NeonCRM prior to the July 27, 2019 release. If you are currently using Neon Payment Processing and would like to upgrade to NeonPay, please contact technical support.
Neon Payment Processing is a gateway option for processing credit cards that works through NeonCRM.
- Only supported for US clients.
- Some banks will show transactions as from "Z2 Systems". We've found that stating clearly on your website or at checkout that the charge may appear as Z2 Systems may help to resolve confusion around a charge.
For example: "Purchases may appear on your credit card statement as Z2 Systems Inc"
- NPP is incompatible with credit card swipers.
- ACH/e-Check transactions cannot be processed by system users, only through front-end forms.
When the feature is enabled, a new Payment Processing section will appear in your main navigation menu:
At this point, the only options you'll have under this heading will be "Verify Your Account" and "Settings".
This section describes the information you will need to submit in order to verify your Neon Payment Processing account.
Enter the legal name, Social Security number, date of birth, and email address for your organization's primary billing contact.
Enter the name, Tax ID (EIN), and address of your organization.
Enter the Routing and Account numbers of the bank account associated with this gateway.
Terms of Service
Acknowledge that you have read and accepted Neon's terms of service and the Stripe Connected terms of service.
Once you have completed these fields, click Submit Verification.
Your information will then be sent for Guidestar verification of your organization's 501(c)(3) status.
If 501(c)(3) status cannot be verified, you will receive the following notification:
If your organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (or has an application in process), select the first of the two available options.
You will be given the following instructions to complete the verification process:
- Please send a copy of your IRS determination letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with next steps.
- If your organization's 501(c) 3 application is pending, we recommend that you wait to submit the verification for Neon Payment Processing until after you have received your 501(c)3 certification.
Until verification is complete, your status on the Verify Account page will show as Pending.
If your organization is not and will never be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, select option 2 and click Complete Verification.
After your account has been verified, the Settings page will display the verified account information. You will also be able to configure the following additional settings:
To receive funds for payments you’ve processed, Neon Payment Processing will make deposits (payouts) of your available account balance into your bank account. This account balance is comprised of different types of transactions (e.g., payments, refunds, etc.). You can manage how frequently these deposits occur.
Click Edit in the Payout Settings section to change the payout frequency:
If you select the Monthly option, you will be able to choose on which day of each month you would like your payouts to occur.
If you select the Weekly option, you will be able to choose a specific day of the week.
Edit this setting to add email addresses of system users who you'd like to receive notifications from Neon Payment Processing. Separate email addresses with a comma + space.
Email Notifications will include the following:
- Payout Complete
- Payout Failed
- Neon Payment Disputed
- Neon Payment Processing Account Verified
- Neon Payment Processing Account Declined
- Neon Payment Processing Bank Account Updated
After setting up Neon Payment Processing for credit cards, navigate to the Settings cog > Global Settings > Payments Gateways.
Click the Actions Menu for your Neon Payment Processing Credit Card Gateway and then select Turn on ACH.