Special Scan Codes is a lesser known and more rarely used feature of the system. In a nutshell, clients can set up a barcode scanning code, with a person type name and price, which can then be used to "Sell" a ticket of that person type and price to a performance via the Scanning box office screen. It essentially works like a general admission door sale.
To set up this feature:
- Go to Setup Screen, to "Special Scan Codes"
- Input a template name, such as "Adult Door Sale Ticket", or "Gold Pass Holder"
- Input a 10 digit barcode number. We'd recommend a high number such as 9999910000 for the first special scancode.
- Input a person type, such as "Adult", or "Gold"
- Input ticket amount. This might be 15 (for a $15 adult ticket), or $0 if this is someone you've sold a retail item as a pass (this is not a Pass). This will be the amount of money you'll need to collect from the patron when you scan/sell them the ticket.
Repeat the above steps if you plan to have different special scan codes to use at the venue entrance.
To then use these codes, you might use a barcode font to print out these specific numeric barcodes and have them on a clipboard or on the wall to simply scan when you are selling such a ticket and collecting cash. Or for the case of a retail open pass (Film festivals sometimes sell these as opposed to Passes) you could imprint the special barcode on the back of each pass card that you give to members, so that as they enter the venue you can scan their card thereby "selling" a $0 gold pass seat. That way you will know how many seats are remaining available to sell, giving you accurate inventory control.
For full usage instructions see Special Scan Code Use.