Enrollment pricing is setup with pricing rules that then can be select to apply to classes that you build.
Additional coverage of Class pricing setup can be found in Class Setup and pricing.
To add a pricing rule:
- Select the Term and click GO (term must already be built into the Term Dates screen)
- Click on Add a Pricing Rule (this will open the pricing rule screen)
- Input pricing rule Name
- It's often a good idea to start the price rule's name with the name of the class so that all rules that apply to a specific class group together.
- For example:
- Beginning Acting - base price
- Beginning Acting - additional HH member discount
- Choose if this is a class base price, adjustment amount or adjustment percent
- If this price term is a base price that means it will be the price of the class. Enter the price of the class as a positive integer (number) without a dollar sign. Just enter the number. For example, if I want to sell a class for $50, I'll enter 50 into the entry field.
- An adjustment percent would be used for discounts on a class/classes and is entered as a negative number, for example, if I want to discount classes 20 percent with the price term I'm setting up, I'll enter -20
- An adjustment amount is used for discounting classes by an amount. For example, if I want to create a $5 off discount with the price term I'm setting up I'll enter -5
- Class dropdown is used if this price rule will apply to a specific class.
- If you leave this dropdown blank and the price term you are creating will then apply to multiple classes.
- For example, if the price rule you're setting up is a base price and is a lower amount than other base prices it will apply in place of higher base prices to all/other classes if you don't specify the class it applies to. To avoid this happening be sure to specify the class the price term applies to by selecting it in the Class dropdown menu.
- Pricing Group is used to select a pricing group to which this rule applies - only needed if you are grouping classes with common pricing rules.
- Tip: It's usually best not to use the use Pricing Group option if you want to keep your pricing simple and straightforward, instead use the class dropdown menu and specify the price for each class so that each class you sell has its own base price. You can do the same for discounts. If you setup discounts you can set the price rule up and specify it to apply to a specific class.
- Additional household members only check box is used for adjustment percent and adjustment amount price terms for discounts. Checking this box makes the price term apply to household members of another student (will apply in the same order as the original student at standard price - i.e., one student standard price, additional students in same or future orders at different price).
- Coupon - input a coupon code if one is to be used to trigger an adjustment discount (used on adjustment price rules)
- Mode of sale - drop down is used if this price rule applies ONLY to specific mode of sale, otherwise leave blank
- Membership level - this is used if the price rule, such as an adjustment discount, applies to specific member levels
- Repeat to setup additional price rules
- Price rules can also be edited and deleted from the Enrollment Pricing screen