Going cordless can make scanning go more smoothly at the door. This article outlines setup and use of 2 wireless barcode scanners that are compatible with Arts People and work well on laptop and desktop computers.
- The scanners recommended below don't scan barcodes presented on mobile devices. They can only scan tickets displayed on paper tickets. For a recommendation on a 1D scanner that can scan tickets presented on mobile devices, please review this article.
- These scanners don't work with mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) unless the device uses a detached keyboard.
- For mobile scanning options, please review the article on the mobile ticket scanning app for iOS here or the article here on using the Saveo Pocket Scan with iOS or Android devices.
1) Inateck 2.4GHz Wireless USB Automatic Barcode Scanner Handheld Barcode Reader (2.4GHz Wireless & USB2.0 Wired) USB Rechargeable Barcode Hand Scanner
The Inateck wireless barcode scanner tested successfully using desktop computers and laptops running Windows and MAC operating systems. Chromebooks also tested successfully.
Purchase link for the Inateck scanner for sale on Amazon is here. This scanner prices between $75-85 USD. Scanner comes with wired connection (USB cord), USB adapter, and full instructional booklet.
Setup and use
a) To begin, insert USB dongle (small black square with USB connector) into the USB port of your device.
b) In your Arts People account, on the Box office>Scan tickets screen, place the cursor in the Barcode field. Begin scanning tickets.
2) TEEMI 2.4GHZ Wireless USB Automatic laser barcode scanner (2.4G Wireless + USB 2.0 wired), Rechargeable Handheld Bar-code Reader, Plug and Play, Easy to use
This scanner prices at about $40 USD. The link to purchase this device on Amazon is here. Scanner comes with wired connection (USB cord), USB dongle, and full instructional booklet.
Setup and use
a) To begin, insert USB adapter (small black square with USB connector) into the USB port of your device.
Note for MAC users only: when testing with a MacBook Pro, a keyboard pairing window pop-up displayed during after the USB dongle was inserted: it's fine to disregard it and cancel this pop-up (cancel the pop-up by clicking the red x in the upper left of the window - shown below) - canceling this window doesn't affect setup and use of the scanner.
b) In your Arts People account, navigate to the Box office>Scan tickets screen. Place the cursor in the Barcode field, begin scanning tickets.
Submit a request for help if any of these steps aren't working as expected.
Arts People doesn't take responsibility for this equipment and whether it will work with your particular device(s). Please keep your receipt in case you choose to return your scanner(s).
Thanks for reading!