Account sharing is a violation of the Arts People service agreement. Every admin user must have their own account. This policy protects your data and is both a requirement of using Arts People software and the PCI compliance credit card processing regulations. Unique logins also allow your organization to track transactions to individual users and deactivate admins who leave your organization.
1. Primary User - This user type has access to all screens, with the exception of the pricing screen. Pricing requires advanced training and typically your Account Specialist will set up pricing for you. If you prefer to handle your own pricing, we can train you on how to use our pricing system prior to giving you access to the pricing set up area. Additionally, only primary and secondary users can view invoices. Typically one or two of your staff will be primary users.
2. Secondary User - Secondary users have access to all screens aside from the options in the Privileged Setup menu. This admin user type is intended for assistant managers. As mentioned above, this includes access to the client's Arts People invoices.
3. Box Office - Box office users have access to the box office screen, person and organization screens, credit card history, mailing lists, reports, and merges.
4. Limited Box Officer - Limited Box Office users have access to Box Office related screens only. They can't access the Database page, Accounting pages, Public Pages, Marketing, or any Setup pages. Only use this limited user type if you truly only want the user to sell tickets.
5. Graphics - The Graphics user account is intended for web designers. This admin user type has access to the Public pages as well as all graphics-related screens such as Configure Appearance, Printable designs, and Calendar events as well as the Shows and Performances pages so they can access show and performance specific links. Their access includes access to the Box Office and Database pages as well so they can complete testing as needed during configuration.
6. Read Only - This user type has limited access to the Accounting pages, the Database and Reports. Read Only users cannot make changes to a patron records, sell tickets or make changes to any transaction.
7. Scan Only - Scan only users can only access the bar code scanning screen to scan tickets.
8. Community Box Office - When accessing the authorized organization's account, the Community Box Office user has access to the box office screen, door sales screen, seats available screen, orders on reserve, scan tickets and patron check in. For additional information about this product, visit: Community Ticketing
All users have access to the Help Center for documentation on how to use the system.
Add or Update Admin User
To add an Admin User:
- Go to Setup Administrators
- Click the "Add User" button
- On the next screen, input their information, select the user type & individual permissions
To Edit a user, click the Edit button for the admin user account you want to modify.
To view inactive users, click the "Show Inactive Users" button, then edit if you wish to re-activate.
There are specific permissions that you can set by individual user. This is done by a Primary user via the Administrators screen.
You can not delete a user that has been active in the system, since their account is associated to history records. When an account is no longer in use deactivate it. To deactivate, click edit, and uncheck the Active box.
If a user forgets their password, they can use the "Forgot your password?" link on the login screen, or a primary user can edit and reset it for them.
We do appreciate it if you keep phone and email information on this page up to date. This helps us contact your staff, both for individual support and for occasional email bulletins.
Our Policy regarding users contacting us for login information:
User security of your system is your responsibility. Make sure to deactivate users that leave your organization immediately. If a user forgets their login information, please have them reset their password, or contact another primary user of your system to lookup their information or reset their password. Our staff cannot give out login information for security reasons. Our staff is not authorized to give out login information or reset passwords on user accounts due to security reasons.