Special Scan Codes can be used to Sell a general admission door sale by scanning a special barcode using a standard barcode scanner on our box office scanning screen. These can be for a preset $ amount or $0 if you simply wish to have accurate accounting of how many seats are taken in the venue for the performance, to know how many seats remain available for sale.
For Setup instructions of this feature, see Setup: Season Setup: Special Scan Codes
To use special scan codes at your venue entrance:
- You might use a barcode font to print out these specific numeric barcodes and have them on a clipboard or on the wall to simply scan when you are selling such a ticket and collecting cash.
- Or for the case of a retail open pass (Film festivals sometimes sell these as opposed to Passes) you could imprint the special barcode on the back of each pass card that you give to members, so that as they enter the venue you can scan their card thereby "selling" a $0 gold pass seat. That way you will know how many seats are remaining available to sell, giving you accurate inventory control.
- Once you have your special scan codes setup, printed, and ready for use, simply have the barcode operator go to the Box Office Scanning screen, and just like scanning a barcoded ticket, they will scan the special code into the cursor field.
- If money is due on the special scan code you scanned, the system assumes you've collected it. This is intended for cash sales and cannot be used for credit card processing.
- You can then admit the patron to the venue. If you wish them to have a hard ticket you will need to have something pre-prepared for this use.