Retail sales can be processed via the Retail screen in the box office area. These include selling retail items, gift certificates, and generating/selling Passes.
Selling retail items:
- Look up or enter a patron on the box office screen, if you want the order to be tied to a patron.
- Click on Retail on the sub menu to enter the retail screen
- NOTE: If you wish to sell retail items quickly, anonymously, just click on the Retail sub menu item without looking up a patron. (this replaces the former retail link found on the door sales screen)
- At the top left, choose the retail item to sell from the drop down. Choose size if necessary. Input quantity and click Add To Order button. The item will be added and the shopping cart total adjusted.
- Proceed to add additional retail, gift certificate, or pass items as needed. (gift certificate and pass options not available in retail door sales mode)
- Click edit on an item row if you wish to override the price of that item, and save to lock the adjusted price in.
- Apply payment and complete purchase. You will be given a link to print a receipt.
Selling gift certificate:
- On the top right of the retail screen, input the amount for the gift certificate.
- Input the recipient name (if the buyer wishes to have it printed on the gift certificate.
- Input the recipient's email (ONLY if the buyer wishes them to be notified via email. This is typically NOT the case, but is great for last minute gifting.)
- Input a brief inscription (if the buyer wishes to have it print on the gift certificate... such as "happy birthday").
- Click generate. The details of the gift certificate drop down and the amount is added to the retail shopping cart pending payment.
- Proceed to add additional retail, gift certificate or pass items as needed.
- Apply payment and complete purchase. You will be given a link to print the gift certificate and receipt, and email will be sent to the buyer. Email will be sent to the recipient if input above.
Generating/Selling a Pass:
- On the bottom right of the retail screen, choose the pass you wish to generate from the drop down.
- Input the quantity of passes to be purchased (remember that often one pass is valid for more than one ticket) and click Generate. (Note, if you generate a pass in multiple quantity, then the patron will have ONE pass code for all pass tickets. Instead, if you click generate multiple times, the patron will have different pass codes for their pass redemption.)
- The pass(es) drop down with details and the amount is added to the retail shopping cart pending payment. (NOTE you may wish to make note of the pass codes to give the patron. They will receive a confirmation email with these pass codes as well, if there is an email on their patron record.)
- Proceed to add additional retail, gift certificate, or pass items as needed.
- Click edit on an pass row if you wish to override the price of that pass, and save to lock the adjusted price in.
- Apply payment and complete purchase. You will be given a link to print receipts.
- When you first enter this screen there is an Other Item and Other Item amount fields at the lower left. These can be used to input an item name and amount to sell any item that is not built into the system to sell. Other Items must be sold alone in their own order without other retail items, passes or gift certificates.
- Just like ticket orders, retail sales generate a history record on the patron's database screen. You can click into that order for details, including gift certificate and pass codes. Pass codes can be clicked on to 'drill down' and get details on what shows have been selected on the pass and how many tickets are remaining to be used.
- Delete retails items on an existing purchase and apply a refund if needed, visit the patron's Database screen, to the transaction history and click into the existing transaction. Then you can delete items to remove from the transaction (note that gift certs and passes cannot be deleted if they have been redeemed) and apply a refund by inputting the refund amount and selecting the payment method for refund. For additional details on refunding to credit card, see Refund to Credit Card.
Keywords: Retail, POS, point of sale, concessions