Currently, the system enables the following:
- Create volunteer Types - usher, office worker, etc
- Create volunteer Events / Opportunities - 6 ushers for a specific performance, envelope stuffing on a certain date in the office, etc
- Track who will be or has volunteered for a specific event by adding it to their database record with # of hours worked, etc.
- Create targeted lists of specific volunteers who were assigned to a specific volunteer event.
The Volunteer Management System is used to create Volunteer types that you can register your patrons for, create Volunteer Events/Opportunities that will be assigned one or more volunteer types and that volunteers can then sign up online or via your office to participate in.
Only primary and secondary user types have access to the volunteer setup section.
Setting Up Volunteer Types
- From Setup Menu / Setup Home Page
- Click on Volunteer Types
- In the empty row input volunteer type name (such as "Usher", "Concessions", "Office", "Potluck Contributor", etc)
- If staff approval is require (such as if they must have a food handlers permit to work concessions) check the box in this column
- Input any notes regarding requirements of this volunteer type (this will appear on confirmation emails to the volunteer/patron
- Volunteer types can be inactivated by checking the box in that column
- You can return to this screen to edit a Volunteer Type
- We recommend only deleting a Volunteer Type if it was NEVER used on an event
Setting Up Volunteer Events - using Volunteer Events setup screen
- From the Setup Menu / Setup Home Page
- Click on Volunteer Events
- Go to Bottom of the Events grid to empty row at bottom
- Fill in Event Date and Time
- Input Event Name (This will appear on the calendar view of vol events)
- Input any notes
- Scroll to that event row
- Click on Vol Types where you can then select volunteer types and number of each that you will need for the event. Save Each.
- Return to the Vol Events screen
- IF the event needs to be associated to a performance, click on Associate, then inside select season, show and performance and save.
Method 2: (used only if the event will be a performance event)
- Go to Bottom of the Events grid to tool labeled "Create a Volunteer Event From a Performance"
- Choose Season, Show, Performance, then click Make Vol Event
- Next, on the right, click save where the name and date appear (you can alter the name if you wish. The name will be what appears on the calendar view for the vol event.)
Setting Up Volunteer Events - using Performance Generator on Performances setup screen
- From the Performances setup screen, look up the show for which you wish to create performances WITH volunteer events associated (you will generate the performance AND the volunteer events at the same time.)
- If the show is built and saved, click on the "Performances" link above next to the Lookup button
- At the bottom of the screen, access the Performance Generator
- Input the first public performance date in the FROM field, and the last public performance date in the TO field
- Choose the first day of the week you wish to generate performances for WITH volunteer events
- Input the time of day of the performance (7:30pm, 8pm, etc)
- Choose the venue for the performance
- If you wish online sales to end prior to performance (this is for public web sales only), input the number of hours prior to performance you wish them to end (typically this is 1 or 2).
- Generally the Performance Group field is left blank - this is a pricing tool.
- If General Admission show, you can input the number of holds you wish
- Leave the box checked if this performance should appear on the calendar for purchase
- In the Volunteering Opportunities area, leave the modify checkbox UNchecked (this is used only to MODIFY event already created)
- Leave the associate option on YES if you are creating associated volunteer events
- Input the # of each volunteer type (how many of those volunteers) you will need for the event
- Click the GENERATE button to build the performances AND volunteer events
- Repeat with next day of the week you wish to build.
- These volunteer events will now appear on the Volunteer Events setup screen as well, and on the Volunteer Events view of the Calendar public page.
Patrons Registering Via your Office as a Volunteer
From the Database Person Page, there is now a sub menu selection of "Volunteering". From this area you can add or delete volunteer types on the patron's acct.
Approving Volunteer Types
From the Database Person Page, there is now a sub menu selection of "Volunteering". From this area you can click on the approved link to approve a volunteer for work on that volunteer type.
Adding a Volunteer to an Event
From the Database Person Page, there is now a sub menu selection of "Volunteering". From this area you can select an event and add the patron/volunteer to that event in a specific volunteer type.
Recording Hours a volunteer has worked
From the Database Person Page, there is a sub menu selection of "Volunteering". From this area you can add the patron/volunteer's hours worked for a specific event. Their work history will appear on the right side of the screen.
Note that in advance of their work, you can input zero hours to create the record, then come back later to edit it with actual hours.
Pulling a List of Patrons Volunteering for a Specific Event
From the Marketing area of the system, click on Targeted Lists, then on Volunteers. Inside you will select the event from the drop down, input a list name and click GO to produce your list. Then you can use standard output options on the Marketing screen to get output from the list.