Below are some common errors that we get frequent questions about. The error messages are in bold and are listed below alphabetically with explanation and instructions of what to do on each.
Address Verification Errors (zipcode, etc)
wording may very depending on specific mismatch
Errors regarding address mismatching come from standard credit card Address Verification System (AVS) and are used to help prevent fraud and add security to credit card processing. Note that the error itself comes back from the patrons credit card company. We have no control over the error. If the patrons card gives an error, you can try to alter the address to match their credit card billing address and try again after a 2 minute pause (see duplicate transaction message below). If the patron believes the address is correct, you can suggest they call their credit card company for explanation.
For additional details, see FAQ - Credit Card Declined.
Duplicate Transaction Submitted
may not be exact wording
This error appears when a credit card transaction is submitted, in the exact same amount to the same card within a 2 minute window. The system is designed to not allow this to happen in order to prevent patrons from accidentally double clicking or somehow charging their card twice. What to do:
- If a mistake was made in submission of a card, just wait 2 minutes then attempt it again.
Ticket pricing rule violation on [name of show, performance date]. Please call us at [your box office phone].
This error, when received either in the box office or on public pages, usually means that there are no base price terms that can apply to at least one of the tickets selected. What to do:
- Check your pricing setup, if you set up pricing yourself, or
- Submit a help desk issue for a Client Services Rep to assist you.
- If the show is available to the public online, you may wish to edit the show on the Shows and Performances screen and input an on sale date in the future to take it offline until the pricing issue can be corrected.
Upgrade your cardswipe soon, please speak to us
This error message will appear when you swipe a credit card using a credit card swiper but the system doesn't detect that the proper fields are being passed from the card to the system. What to do:
- If you purchased your card swipe directly from us, please open a help desk item and do 3 different test swipes from 3 different credit cards into the help desk item so we can troubleshoot what might be happening.
- If you purchased your card swipe elsewhere, read the help doc regarding card swipes and follow instructions to upgrade your card swipe for use with our system.