Canceling, Deleting, Refunding Passes from Patron Account
A Pass can be deleted from a patron account prior to it being used for any tickets. Look up the patron on the people screen, click into the retail purchase and delete. Once any tickets have been redeemed on the pass it cannot be deleted or refunded. The only option at that point would be to cancel the tickets (thereby clearing the pass of any tickets), then delete the pass and refund the cost. You could then reissue a different pass using the refunded amount, then purchase the tickets on the new pass.
Charity / Giveaway Tickets
Performing arts organizations are frequently asked to donate tickets to charities for their fundraiser auctions. Also, tickets are often given away to radio stations to be given out in contests over the air in exchange for free promotion of the show. Promotional Passes are perfect for these uses. They help you track how many were issued to each organization, they are easy to generate and giveaway, they help you gather the recipient's information into your database for future marketing, they have $0 value for purposes of reporting. Also they can be created with specific rules of use such as the show they are valid for, limited days of the week, etc. Here's how we recommend you use them:
- Build a Promotional Pass with a recognizable name for this purpose, such as "Giveaway Pass", or "Charity Pass - Oklahoma", etc, with the number of tickets you wish the pass valid for, such as 2.
- Create an organization acct in your system for the individual charity, radio station, etc.
- Generate the pass(s) under that organization acct. This will then track how many passes that organization has received and when.
- Give the pass code info and instructions to the organization. You can create some form of certificate that includes the redemption instructions, your logo, your season marketing, and a space on it for you to insert the unique pass code.
The recipient of the pass then can visit your website to redeem their pass. When they do they will be added to your database and the pass on their order is hot linked in the system to the organization acct that it was issued from, so you can always see where the pass came from, and on the organization acct which person used it and for which shows.
Honorary Pass vs Promo Pass
- Honorary Pass is always issued manually in your office and is by default $0 price and redemption amount and is a single ticket, unless issued in multiple quantities.
- Promo Pass can have a price associated to the redemption (or be $0), so can function like a person-specific coupon in that way. It can also be valid for more than one ticket by default and can be auto-generated in an email to a list of people.