To create an assigned seating venue capacity, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Setup -> PRIVILEGED -> Global settings. Under Ticketing find Limit online ticket sales to venue GA seat count for assigned seating shows and make sure it's checked. Create or modify an assigned seating show with at least one performance. Make sure the venue for that performance has a G/A Regular Seats value set, and that it's less than the number of actual seats in the venue. On the PP ticketing path verify that the show is displayed, and the performance is displayed.
- Buy some seats for the performance you set up, of a number of tickets less than the G/A Regular Seats value. Go back to the main ticketing screen and verify that the show and performance are still available.
- Select the performance again and select enough of the remaining seats on the chart that, together with the previous purchase, they will go over the G/A Regular Seats value. Click Confirm Seats. Verify that you return to the seat selection screen and a message is displayed explaining how many tickets can still be purchase for the performance.
- Reduce your seat selection to the number remaining and complete the purchase. Return to the main ticketing screen and verify that that performance is now marked as being sold out.
- Go to Setup -> PRIVILEGED -> Global settings and uncheck Limit online ticket sales to venue GA seat count for assigned seating shows. Return to the main PP ticketing screen. Verify that the performance is once again available.