Here's how to add a global setting to disable the automatic form submission after a cardswipe:
- Log in as a primary user to a test theatre.
- Navigate to Setup > Global Settings.
- Locate the "Automatically submit payment forms after cardswipe" field and disable the setting.
- If you are testing for the first time on this theatre, verify that the setting was enabled originally (it should default to enabled for all theatres).
- Navigate to Box Office.
- Select a patron and one or more tickets.
- Attempt a cardswipe using a real swiper, or using test swipe data:
- Verify that the swipe is accepted and the form is not automatically submitted.
- Click the field where indicated.
- Verify that the "card swiped" state is removed and the field is focused.
- Enter the swipe data again.
- Complete the purchase.
- Verify that you are able to successfully do so.
- Return to Setup > Global Settings. Re-enable the setting.
- Return to Box Office. Select a patron again, if necessary, and one or more tickets.
- Re-attempt the cardswipe.
- Verify that the swipe is accepted and the form is automatically submitted.
- Verify that the sale completes successfully.