You can use Ticket Add-ons for a host of optional cost-based or free additions that can be selected when purchasing a ticket.
Some examples include meal purchase for dinner theatres, assistive listening devices, sale of roses or other retail items, a side event in conjunction with performances, such as a reception or tea, etc.
Please Note: Ticket Add-ons are not available in Door Sales mode.
To set up an Add-on you need to first create it as a basic retail item on the Retail setup screen. If you don't already have pricing permissions and have received pricing training, it's best to work with your client services rep. so they can help you get your add-ons setup.
The only fields you need to complete on the retail screen for an add-on are Item Name and check the Box Office only check box. Then click Save.
Once you or your rep. has created the retail item as above, your rep (or you if you've received training to setup your own pricing) will build an Add-on price term in the pricing area.
From the pricing screen:
- Click Add a term
- name your term
- This row is a - choose Add-on from the drop down list.
- Input Price or adjustment amount of 0. The price is set in the ticket Addon section below.
- You may wish to specify other delimiters, such as the show it applies to if this add-on ONLY applies to that show. Or days of the week. Or venue... using ONLY the fields necessary to create the rules needed. (NOTE that add-ons cannot be person type specific. The same add-on and price will apply to all person types.)
- In the Ticket add-on section near the bottom select the add-on item you created on the Retail setup screen
- Enter the cost for the add-on
- maximum number available for each performance (this serves as the system's inventory). Leave blank if an unlimited amount are available (this will then equal the venue seating capacity).
- Input a short name (the short name will display on the ticket so it shouldn't be very long).
- Save the row
- Repeat if the add-on selection will have multiple drop down options, such as multiple meal entree choices (each of which must have already been set up on the Retail setup screen)
- Once the add-on price term is completed, save the term at the very bottom.
Add-ons will appear to the patron for selection on the public page buy path. The ticket add-on selection page appears after a patron has made their ticket selection but before taking them to their shopping cart.
Add-ons can be sold through the box office by clicking the 'Ticket Add-Ons' button at the bottom right of the box office screen after tickets have been selected. The system will automatically display the add-on options for each ticket and you can select them from a drop down (if multiple options) or a checkbox (if only one option to add it or not to add it). Then when you continue forward the box office screen will display your choices and adjust the ticket prices appropriately.
Sort Order when you have multiple add-ons selectable on a single ticket
The sorting order will automatically be alpha, by add-on / price rule name, left to right.
NOTE: that add-ons cannot be discounted like tickets can. The add-on is a retail item with a flat price for each add-on. It will be the same price regardless of person type or discounts that may apply to the ticket price.
Keywords: dinner theatre, reception, tea, up-sells, up-selling, meal selection, dessert selection, wine selection