You can use Ticket Add-ons for a host of optional cost-based or free additions that can be selected when purchasing a ticket. Some examples include meal purchase for dinner theatres, assistive listening devices, sale of roses or other retail items, a side event in conjunction with performances, such as a reception or tea, etc.
To set up an Add-on you need to first create it as a basic retail item on the Retail setup screen. The only fields you need to complete on the retail screen for an add-on are Item Name and check the Box Office only check box. Then click Save.
Once you created the retail item as above, you then will build an Add-on price term in the pricing area.
From the pricing screen:
- Click Add a term
- name your term
- This row is a - choose Add-on from the drop down list.
- Input Price or adjustment amount of 0. The price is set in the ticket Addon section below.
- You may wish to specify other delimiters, such as the show it applies to if this add-on ONLY applies to that show. Or days of the week. Or venue... using ONLY the fields necessary to create the rules needed. (NOTE that add-ons cannot be person type specific. The same add-on and price will apply to all person types.)
- In the Ticket add-on section near the bottom select the add-on item you created on the Retail setup screen
- Enter the cost for the add-on
- maximum number available for each performance (this serves as the system's inventory). Leave blank if an unlimited amount are available (this will then equal the venue seating capacity). When using this feature, if the maximum number is met for a performance, the add-ons will appear as sold-out. In addition, if the add-ons are sold out for a performance you will not be able to exchange any tickets with add-ons into that performance as that would override the maximum allowed.
- Input a short name (the short name will display on the ticket so it shouldn't be very long).
- Save the row
- Repeat if the add-on selection will have multiple drop down options, such as multiple meal entree choices (each of which must have already been set up on the Retail setup screen)
- Once the add-on price term is completed, save the term at the very bottom.
Add-ons will appear to the patron for selection on the same screen where they select the person type for each ticket on the order.
Add-ons can be sold through the box office by clicking the 'Ticket Add-Ons' button at the bottom right of the box office screen after tickets have been selected. The system will automatically display the add-on options for each ticket and you can select them from a drop down (if multiple options) or a checkbox (if only one option to add it or not to add it). Then when you continue forward the box office screen will display your choices and adjust the ticket prices appropriately.
Sort Order when you have multiple add-ons selectable on a single ticket
The sorting order will automatically be:
1) drop down add-ons are presented first, sorted alphabetically from left to right, then
2) check box add-ons, also sorted alphabetically from left to right.
NOTE: that add-ons cannot be discounted like tickets can. The add-on is a retail item with a flat price for each add-on. It will be the same price regardless of person type or discounts that may apply to the ticket price.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is your responsibility to make sure prices are correct prior to making tickets available to your patrons, whether setup by you or by our staff. This includes base prices, discounts and per ticket or order fees, as well as combinations of pricing. We recommend that you always thoroughly test your pricing, both online as well as from your internal box office screen, to ensure pricing is as expected. You are responsible for any errors in pricing, Arts People will not be held responsible for issues that occur with your payment processing due to incorrect pricing setup.
Keywords: dinner theatre, reception, tea, up-sells, up-selling, meal selection, dessert selection, wine selection