The first step to setting up your pricing is to establish your Person Types. This is done when we first setup your system. They can be changed or added to later if needed.
Person types are the standard types of people you will ticket to and base pricing upon, such as Adult, Child, Senior, Military. These are not to be used for things like member or other discounts that should apply based only on rules. Note that person types are typically universal for your system, so you want to keep them the same for all shows as much as possible. We can selectively exclude a person type from appearing on the public page drop down selector on specific shows. But this is designed to be used in very rare cases.
To input or edit person types, visit Person Types from the Setup menu.
- Input Person type name - such as Adult, Senior, Student, etc. Think of this in similar terms to the selections you would make when buying tickets at a movie theatre. We do not recommend using terms that mean other things, such as "General Admission" which refers to non-assigned seating option in a venue. If you have only one person type, we might suggest "Standard" as the name.
- Input Description - this is the definition of the person type that will display to patrons online, such as "Age 65 and over" for Senior, or "With Valid Student ID - please present at door" for Student, etc.
- Position - input the sort order number, such as 1, 2, 3 that you wish the person types to display. So Adult might be 1, Senior 2, Student 3, etc.
- Show on package page? This is checked by default when setting up a person type. If you use the subscription pages in Arts People and would like subscribers to select this person type, leave this selected. If you don't use subscriptions, you can either leave this box selected, or unselect it, either way. If you do use subscriptions but don't want subscribers to select this person type, uncheck this box.
- Add to new shows by default? This is checked by default when setting up a person type. If this person type will be used as one of your core, standard person types in the shows you sell, leave this box selected. If you are creating this person type for a special event and/or you know you won't use it often, uncheck this box.
- Repeat for each person type you need.
Rules and Requirements:
Person types have a 12 character limit in the New Door Sales screen. Anything longer than 12 characters will be truncated on the Door Sales screen.
If your person type includes a dash or hyphen, do NOT include any spacing before or after the dash. For example: "55-Club" Using dashes is rare as most person types do not include them but if you do need to include a dash, you should not include any spacing around the dash or the full person type name may not appear in the Door Sales Screen.
CAUTION!! If you change the name of a person type, any pricing terms that were specifically assigned to the former person type name will need to be reassigned or your pricing will not function correctly.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is your responsibility to make sure prices are correct prior to making tickets available to your patrons, whether setup by you or by our staff. This includes base prices, discounts and per ticket or order fees, as well as combinations of pricing. We recommend that you always thoroughly test your pricing, both online as well as from your internal box office screen, to ensure pricing is as expected. You are responsible for any errors in pricing, Arts People will not be held responsible for issues that occur with your payment processing due to incorrect pricing setup.