Packages setup screen
Packages are used to create subscriptions, to establish a package of shows a Pass is valid for, and also to simply group shows together for purposes of common single ticket pricing.
To access this screen choose "Packages" from the setup screen.
At the top you will first select the season you are working with.
To build a package:
- Input the package name - if you plan to sell subscription packages via the subscription screen, this will be the package name that displays. (See Selling Subscriptions for instructions on how the subscriptions public page and subscriptions box office screen work and their limitations.)
- Description: Text you enter here displays only internally to admin users of your Arts People account. Enter text here if you'd like notes that could help you and other account users to understand what you're using this package for.
- Click on Select Shows to check the shows that you want as options in this package.
- Enter a count of shows in the package:
• for subscriptions, input the minimum number of shows that comprise the package. (ie: If the patron can choose 5 shows out of 8 possible for a 5 show package, input 5. Note that this does not mean that they can choose 5, 6, 7 OR 8. For this type of configuration an additional price term setup is required - ask us for details.) This will trigger the price term related to the package to apply.
• for grouping purposes where several shows share the same pricing models for single ticket pricing, enter 1.
• for establishing shows that a pass can be redeemed for, this field isn't relevant.
- Package fee - input a $ amount you want to charge as a fee on every package purchased (this is NOT the price of the package, but a fee on top per package).
- Display on subscription screens - Checking this box will make the package appear for selection on the subscription box office screen and subscription public page. Note that this is based on the season start date, and also certain other setup items may need to be in place in order for these screens to function correctly - see Performance Series and Selling Subscriptions
- On Sale Until - select or enter a date if you want sales to end on a specific date for this package. Otherwise sales will continue until there are no longer an adequate number of shows remaining to complete the package. (unless you specify an end date in the subscription price terms.)
- Box Office Only - Checking this box will make this subscription package appear ONLY on the box office subscription screens, NOT on the Subscription public page.
Packages then are referenced in price terms as needed to build the discount or other related pricing.
Use Performance Groups to create a discount or related pricing term for a group of performances. Read more about Performance Groups here.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is your responsibility to make sure prices are correct prior to making tickets available to your patrons, whether setup by you or by our staff. This includes base prices, discounts and per ticket or order fees, as well as combinations of pricing. We recommend that you always thoroughly test your pricing, both online as well as from your internal box office screen, to ensure pricing is as expected. You are responsible for any errors in pricing, Arts People will not be held responsible for issues that occur with your payment processing due to incorrect pricing setup.