Would you like to sell tickets online to a special group before you start sales for the general public?
In this article you'll learn to setup a pre-sales link that:
- allows some patrons to purchase a show online before everyone else and
- allows your pre-sales buyer to add more tickets or modify their order before checking out.
I. How to setup pre-sales in Arts People
1) Navigate to Setup>Shows. Lookup the show in the upper left. Scroll to the bottom of the show page.
Find the field called: Publish Date (optional).
2) Type the future date and time you want the public to buy tickets online into the Publish Date field.
Here's an example of how this section of the show page will look after you enter and save your future on sale date. (The date you enter will probably be different, and the show specific url will be different in your account too.)
Since making this update to your show's publish date 3 things have changed -
a) The public will only be able to buy this show from your main ticketing page beginning at the local time and date specified on the Publish Date.
b) Your pre-sales show isn't visible on the main ticketing page until the local time specified of the date you entered into Publish Date. If you view your main ticketing page before that date, you won't see the show.
c) You'll need to create a pre-sales link that you'll send via email (or some other media) to your pre-sales group so they can purchase this show online during the pre-sales period.
Instructions are below for how to make your pre-sales link and what to do with it.
II. How to make your show pre-sales link
The above link is an example of the format you'll use for your pre-sales link. Follow the instructions below to make the link that will work for your show.
3) Go to Setup>Shows and lookup the show you're going to setup pre-sales for.
4) On the Show page scroll to the bottom where you'll see the Show specific url. Copy the show specific url to your clipboard.
5) Open a new tab in your browser and paste the show specific url into the web address bar.
6) Enter an _ symbol after the word show inside the link. Place your cursor inside the link exactly after the w in show and type in: _special
Check to make sure there isn't a space between the w in show and the _ symbol. Check that there is no space after the l in special and the =
7) at the end of the link, after the last number in the link enter a ~only
Check that there is no space between the last number in the show link and the ~
The end result should look like this example - except of course the number in your link will be different than the one here.
8) Test the link so you're sure it's working.
i) Copy the entire link to your clipboard, open another new tab in your browser and paste the link into the address bar.
ii) Now, click Return on your keyboard - this will refresh the page and take you to the pre-sales page for your show.
iii) Click on a performance date, select seats, and continue on to the Login page. On the Login page on the left click Continue Shopping.
iv) You should return to the performance selection page. If you have, the link is working.
v) Send yourself a test email with the link in it before sending an email to your pre-sales group to double check the link is working correctly.
vi) Send an email with your pre-sales link in it to your pre-sales group, or use some other pre-arranged method to get the link to them.
Having trouble completing any of the steps in this article? Please reach out by submitting a request.