Comp Types lets you build specific comp categories to be tracked on all comp tickets issued from the box office. Comp Types can also be made to be required when comps are issued.
Setting up Comp Types
- Navigate to SETUP > Seasons > Comp Types
- Check the box for "Show comp type dropdown?" to activate this feature on your box office screen.
- Save the above options.
- Check the box for "Require a comp type whenever comps are given?" ONLY if you wish a comp type selection to be required on all comp tickets. If unchecked, generic comps without a type will be the default option unless a type is selected.
- Input a "Comp type" name for each comp type. The comp type will appear on a drop-down on your box office screen, above the cart when tickets are selected for purchase. Some examples might be "Staff Comp", "Cast Comp", "Sponsor Comp", etc.
- Input a "Description" for your own internal reference if needed.
- Click Save
To inactivate a comp type, click the edit button (pencil icon), check the Inactive box, and Save.
For instructions on applying comp types and related reporting, see Box office - Comp Type Usage and Reporting