Retail items can be built into the Items for Sale screen, accessible from the Setup menu by upper lever user types. Click on the "Retail" link.
You can establish a per-order fee on this screen that will apply to all retail sales. (note that if applied this will also apply to Pass and Gift Certificate sale.)
You can view retail items that are no longer on sale by inputting a past date and clicking submit, or by clicking "view all".
Retail items are built for retail selling, and also are used as the items for creating ticket add-ons, such as meal choices for dinner theatre. Items for add-on are typically marked for "box office only" so they don't appear for sale on the retail public page.
Adding an Item
- Click on Add an Item
- Position: This is the sort order for display on the public page. 1 will appear above 2, etc.
- Item Name: This is what will display on the public page to the patron, so be sure to include all needed details for their initial selection
- Cost: Price per item
- Starting quantity: This is your inventory control. If you have 100 tshirts to sell, input 100. If you acquire MORE of the same item, you will edit this item later and INCREASE the quantity in this field by the new inventory amount.
- Description: The description will be visible by the patron when they click on the "add to cart" link.
- Size: This field enables you to input different sizes available for selection. If you have multiple sizes, input the first size, such as "small", and after you save this retail item setup, you can then edit and add the next size, save, and repeat for how many sizes you need to add. NOTE: If you need to track each size individually for inventory control, then skip this step and instead create a unique item for each size such as "T-shirt: Small", "T-shirt: Medium", etc.
- Image: Browse to load an image if you have one. The image should be created to display at the size you want it viewed online. The system will create a click-able thumbnail of the image for display on the public page.
- Available as of: is a starting date you wish to sell this item. Leave blank if not needed.
- Until: is the end date you want this item available for sale.
- Box office only: This checkbox is used to suppress this item from appearing on the public retail page.
- Donation required until: Until this date, the patron is required to have donated the minimum amount below in order to purchase.
- Minimum donation: will be donation total amount you want required on a patron's acct to allow them to purchase this item.
- GL Account#: Your own general ledger accounting # can be input for reporting purposes and accounting.
To sell a retail item via public or box office methods, see Box Office Documentation: Retail.