Testing your barcode scanner
This article reviews how to test barcode scanning before performances begin.
We’ll be processing test transactions to get tickets to a performance, scanning these tickets, and then deleting your test transactions.
Please make sure your tickets include a barcode in their design. If you don't see a barcode, please contact support by clicking on the Help button in your account.
Purchase tickets using the Test Transaction method
- Navigate to Box office > Box office sales.
- Pull up or create your own patron record. If you are testing mobile tickets, make sure an email address is entered.
- On the right side of the page, find a performance to test on. Perhaps a later one so as not to temporarily affect sales to near performances.
- Select approximately 10 tickets to the performance.
- If you’re testing printed tickets, select the Print at Home delivery method. If you’re testing mobile tickets, choose the Mobile Ticket delivery method.
- To process a test transaction, select the CC payment method and enter your username (email) into the CC/Cardswipe field (your username is what you use to log into the Neon One Portal).
- Enter any 3 numbers in the CVV field.
- Click Complete Order
- Print your tickets or view the mobile tickets from the link in your confirmation email.
Scan your tickets
- Connect your scanner to your computer then navigate to Box office > Scan Tickets.
- Select the right performance
- Scan tickets
Detailed information on using our scan page can be found here - Box Office - Scan Tickets (New)
Please note that your test transaction will automatically disappear from the system at midnight on that same day. You can also remove it right away by pulling up your patron record in Database and clicking on Remove test data at the very bottom.
Did you have trouble with any of these steps? Please reach out by using the Help button in your Arts People account.