This screen is where you set certain options (options vary depending on account level):
- Use "city and state (yours)" as defaults on patron information screens? - Also includes public page default for your patrons
- Show country on patron information screens? - checking this box will make the country field appear on various address input screens. If you have patrons from outside your own country this may be used.
- Show prefix (Mr., Ms., etc) and suffix (Jr., MD, etc) online? - checking this box will make these drop downs appear for patrons online for them to select.
- Require phone number for online sale? - checking this box will require patrons inputting their contact information online to include a home phone number.
- Use individual nickname? - if activated, this will make a Nickname field appear on the Database > Person page screen. This field can be used to input a person's nickname, and then this name will be used for informal output for labels and in the label fields of a mail merge file output from marketing screen.
- Use household formal name? - This setting changes marketing output to use the formal version unless overridden.
- Use household informal name? - This setting changes marketing output to use the informal version unless overridden.
- Use informal household name in label output by default? - check this box to pre-select the informal options on marketing output. (You can opt on the marketing screen to selectively UNcheck these options when generating output. This option simply pre-selects them as checked for you as a default.)
- Use informal first name in label output by default? - nickname is an optional field that can be activated on your patron records to appear on your database screen. This option will then activate nickname, or alternatively first name, to be used for marketing output label and mail merge naming as a default.
- Show choices above on Lists and Mailings page? - If this is UNchecked, the options above will not appear on your marketing output screen.
- Use automatic ticket reminders? - If this is checked, the system will automatically send a reminder email to patrons with a performance coming up in 4-5 days. This email can be customized in the system messages > emails area under ticket_reminder_automatic... system messages.
- Enable Facebook / Twitter sharing - this option activates facebook and twitter share buttons to appear to patrons online after they complete a transaction, so they might share what shows/performances they are attending, or other details.
- Allow online self-exchanges by patrons? - checking this box will make a link appear in your patrons' ticket confirmation emails allowing them to exchange their own tickets online from one performance to another performances of the same show.
- Exchanges allowed until - input the number of minutes prior to each performance when patron self-exchange is no longer allowed. For example, for 24 hours - 24 x 60 = 1440 minutes.
- Count door tickets as scanned? - If you are using barcode scanning of your tickets, checking this box (default) will make the system consider tickets sold via door sales mode as already scanned when sold, so they do not need to be scanned again. If you uncheck this box then you will need to scan the ticket after selling.
- Show reprint link in email ticket confirmation? - checking this box will make a link appear in your patrons' ticket confirmation emails allowing them to print their tickets from the the email. This is very handy in case patrons forgot to print their ticket when completing their purchase online, or if you sell tickets via the phone as you can guide your patrons to provide an email and then instruct them to print their own ticket from the email sent.
- Use a special hold image on assigned seating venues? - with this on, holds will appear differently than sold tickets. In the off position (default) a held seat will display with the same icon as a sold seat to patrons online.
- Turn on view of subscription seat map in box office? - With this on, a sub menu item appears to view subscription seat map. This map is a composite of seating based on a performance series within a subscription package. These seats are tracked separately from performance seats within a package since performance seats may be exchanged, and the organization may wish to roll over subscriptions orders into next season based on the seats the patron originally purchased.
- Subscriptions: Allow multiple series per performance? - Checking this box will then allow performances series, that are built for sale of subscription packages via the subscription buy path (both box office and online versions), to share one performance across multiple series. This means that if one show in your packages has just one performance, whereas other shows have multiple performances, you could then assign the one to different series for the others. Note: Use this with care. Since the subscription series uses a composite seat map, sharing a performance this way means that seats will appear to fill up much faster on the shared performance.
- Require the order comment field on public pages? - With this checked, patrons online MUST fill in the order comment field before they can proceed.
- Require the order survey drop down on public pages? - With this checked, patrons online MUST fill in the survey drop down field before they can proceed.
- Show seats remaining for GA performances online? - With this checked, online patrons will see the number of seats remaining for all general admission performances. Seats remaining will appear beneath the performance data and time.
- Require the order comment field on box office? - With this checked, box officers MUST fill in the order comment field before they can proceed.
- Require the order survey drop down on box office? - With this checked, box officers MUST fill in the order comment field before they can proceed.
- Allow Online Unpaid Reservations with below minimum: - With this checked, patrons online may save their ticket order without payment (as an unpaid reservation) provided they have met the minimum # in the field below.
- Online Reservations - Minimum # of tickets in a single performance: - The minimum number of tickets required for patrons online to complete their order as an unpaid reservation.
- Collapse all tickets to the same performance to one line in ticket-style receipts? - This setting will change how performances are listed on ticket sized (boca, dymo) receipts. Instead of individual ticket rows following the performance row, there now will just be a # of tickets at the end of the performance row. This can help save ticket stock based on less paged needed.
- Display optional "Will Call Name" field when "Will Call" delivery method selected? - After turning on this setting both the box officer and the online patron are given an optional field they can fill-out if needed with the person's name who will be picking up the buyer's tickets at Will Call. This is useful for organizations who often have someone other than the ticket buyer picking up tickets at Will Call. The Will Call Name displays on the Door List report, the tickets themselves, and on the Order Details page.
- Show social distancing settings on performances - If enabled, this will allow you to configure a minimum proximity (horizontally and/or vertically) for groups of seats selected on a seat map in assigned seating performances to enforce social distancing. To learn more about how this works, click here.
- Orphaned seating: default on for public pages? - checking this box will activate orphaned seating protection for patrons buying online, if it has been setup on your venues.
- Default on for box office? - checking this box also enables orphaned seating protection for box office seat selection.
- Orphaned seating: Default aisle seat protection (ends of groups)? - Checking this box will make orphaned seating protection apply to seats at the ends of your orphaned seating groups as set up on your venues. If this is left off then a single seat CAN be left at the end of a seating group, but not internally to that group, when orphaned seating applies.
- Accept American Express? and Accept Discover? - accepting these credit card types is optional since the discount rate is higher than Visa and Mastercard. These settings enable the Amex and/or Discover logo to appear on the payment page online. Prior to enabling these, you must establish your account with Amex or Discover. If you are using the Arts People provided merchant account, please contact Client Services to request adding these payment methods to your merchant account.
- Do you have a USB cardswipe for the box office and door sales screens? - If you plan to accept credit cards in person with your patrons, we require you to get a card swiper to swipe the credit card for added security. If you plan to accept credit cards in person, check this box to activate the fields on box office and door sales screens. (note that swiping is the ONLY way to accept credit cards in door sales mode.
- Use CCE (credit card external) payment option? - When selected this will add the CCE payment option on admin side payment screens.
- Use "Other" Payment option? - When selected "Other" will appear as a payment option on the admin side payment screen. (NOTE that for this to work properly there must be a value in place in the other payment option system message.
- The options in this area are for which user types can view/edit the privileged notes field on patron records.
- Sell gift certificates online?- checking this box enables the gift certificate interface to appear on the retail public pages so you can sell gift certificates online.
- Sell Passes on retail page? - checking this box will make Passes appear for sale on the Retail public page. This is the former way passes were sold online prior to the Pass public page. It is not recommended.
- Show recurring donation option online? - Activating this option will make the recurring donation option appear to patrons on the donation and membership public pages.
- Require selection of appeal on donation public page when appeals are present? - When this option is checked, a red asterisk will appear next to the appeal selector drop down field on the donation public page It will will display "Selection required" by default and will highlight to remind the patron it must be selected if they attempt to proceed forward without making a selection. If only one appeal is present, it will be selected by default. If no appeals are present then none is required. Note that for the appeal field to appear on the public pages you must have system message "donation_select_appeal_label" filled in as a prompt for the field such as "how did you hear about us?".
- Require selection of fund on donation admin screen when funds are present? - When this option is checked, a red asterisk will appear next to the field drop down option for selection of fund on the database > donation screen. It will will display "Selection required" by default and will highlight to remind the admin user it must be selected if they attempt to proceed forward without making a selection. If only one fund is present, it will be selected by default.
- Use formal household name instead of person name on receipts that include a donation, and donation and membership batch labels? - With this setting activated, all receipts that include a donation, and batch label output from donation and membership batches, will display the formal household name (when one is present on household patron sets) instead of individual person name.
- Show all appeals including inactive on edit donation screen? UN-check and Save to display only active appeals within the edit donation modal window, accessed via the donation's Order details page. This option is for clients with multiple inactive appeals and the need to update and edit existing donations from a selection of active appeals only.
- Use Mobile Friendly Public Pages? - When selected, the public pages will automatically detect if a visitor is on a mobile device, and display the mobile version of public pages instead of the standard desktop version.
- Allow Guest Checkout? - When selected, the public login screen will display a "checkout as guest" option which bypasses the need for a patron to create login. They are still added to the database as usual, but no login will be associated to their email address, and they must choose to opt IN for mail or email when entering their information.