Recurring Donation is an option for your patrons to donate to you in an automatic recurring way to their credit or debit card.
Inputting/Editing a Recurring Donation
- When inputting a recurring donation, options include Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly.
- When inputting the donation a stop date can be added, or it can be left blank for an open-ended recurrence.
- A patron can have 1 recurring donation at a time. If a new recurring donation is input, the former will be stopped automatically.
- A recurrence can be edited later by an administrator via the patron's Database Donation History screen by clicking on the "yes" link in the recurrence column.
- When editing, you can input a specific stop date or stop the recurrence immediately, set a different day of the month for the recurrence to be processed, or update the credit card expiration date. Changing the credit card number is not possible, a new recurring donation must be setup to change the credit card number and the original donation stopped.
- After a recurrence has failed 3 daily attempts, it cannot be restarted. At that point you will need to simply input a new recurring donation if the patron wishes to continue donating.)
- Recurring donors whose recurrence is linked to a membership are able to edit or cancel their donation via the email confirmation sent when their recurring donation is first setup.
- Recurring donors whose recurrence isn't linked to a membership must call or email the box office to have their donation edited or canceled by your administrative staff via the DatabaseDonation history by clicking on the "yes" link in the recurrence column.
- If a donation is entered on the trailing days of a month, after the 25th, the recurrence date will be set to the 25th of the month for the future to accommodate weekends and months with different lengths. The exception to this is quarterly recurring donations. Quarterly recurring donations will always process on the last day of each quarter.
Viewing Recurrences & Recurring Donors
- The Home screen will display two tell-tales which alert you of how many automated recurring donations have processed in the last 30 days, and how many have had failed attempts. Failures are typically due to a credit card which has expired or been closed by the patron.
- Recent recurrences can be viewed via the Home screen Accounting menu item Recurring Donations options. Date can be input to change view.
- All patrons with recurring donations can be viewed via Home screen Accounting menu option Recurring Donors option.
Recurring Donations in Reports & Batches
- Standard donation reports will include recurrence payments. For example, if you have a patron with a monthly recurrence, and you run the donation listing report for several months you will see their recurring amount each month on the same date.
- The Donations batch will include only first recurrence of a recurring donation. The Recurring donation column indicates if the donation is recurring. A 1 (one) in this column indicates it is recurring, where a 0 (zero) is not.