We have a social media linking solution utilizing AddThis tools. In order to use this feature visit addthis.com and sign up for a free acct. The login you create there will become the publisher ID for use in this function.
You can add an AddThis button set to your public pages by adding our socialnet tag. This tag can be placed in system messages, in the footer of your public pages, wherever you might want it to appear.
Tag format: [*socialnet/ticketing/publisherid*]
In the tag above, you will insert yoru publisher id (your AddThis user name). You also can tailor which public page you wish the AddThis button to be shared by patrons using the tool.
- "ticketing" in the above tag will share a link to your main ticketing public page.
- "calendar" in the above tag will share a link to your calendar public page.
- "donation" in the above tag will share a link to your donation public page.
- "membership" in the above tag will share a link to your membership public page.
- "retail" in the above tag will share a link to your retail public page.
- "subscription" in the above tag will share a link to your subscription public page.
- "buy_pass* in the above tag will share a link to your pass public page.
If you would like us to add the tag to your public page footer as an example for you to start from, submit a help desk ticket telling us that you'd like us to add the socialnet tag to your footer, with the specific page above you'd like the share to go to, and your AddThis publisher ID.
NOTE: If you are placing the socialnet tag in your public page footer, then it will be the same tag appearing in the footer on all pages. So you will need to decide which of the page options above you want that share tool to point to. Otherwise you can place individual socialnet tags within specific system messages on specific pages to point to different pages for sharing. You could embed a tag on the main ticketing page in the front_page_text system message on the right side, that shares a link to the main ticketing page. You could embed a tag on the pass public page that shares a link back to that specific page, etc.
Customizing the image that displays in the share
By default, the AddThis sharing tool will not display an image. If you'd like to add a specific image to display when people use this sharing tool and you're comfortable with bit of html code, you can add the custom html work as follows:
- The image can be commented out your website; it just has to be hosted somewhere online so that it can be referenced in the og:image code.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug and enter the url to your Main Ticketing page into the "Input URL, Access Token, or Open Graph Action ID" field and click debug.
- Once Facebook locates and caches the information your thumbnail image will appear, along with the url to your ticketing page, in your shared Facebook post.
- If there is a problem with any part of the meta tags you added to your html code on the configure appearance page, Facebook will report those errors with instructions for correcting the problem.
- The image file needs to be between 200px X 200px and 1500px X 1500px for optimal viewing.
- The code does not affect our SSL connection or the security of any of the content within the public pages.
Keywords: Facebook, Twitter, AddThis, LinkedIn