The system currently has several options for collecting open information from your patrons, such as survey or other details. Two system messages can be customized with your own prompt question, to which the patron responds. Custom questions can be added to shows and classes.
Setting up these system messages for use
In the Setup > System Messages > Basic Online Ticketing area:
1) comment_tag - build in a prompt question, such as "how did you hear about us" and this activates the field for display on the customer information screen on the public pages, where patrons input their name, address, etc. Information gathered in this system message is per order and appears on the Order Details screen in the "Comment Field." Note that if you leave the system message value field blank, this field simply disappears from view from the public pages.
In the Advanced Online Ticketing system messages area:
2) purchase_comment_dropdown_intro - build in a prompt question, such as "please choose how you heard about us" and then you also build in drop down options, such as "newspaper, from a friend, website, email" etc. This dropdown will appear on the patron info public page and the box office screen. The information gathered in this system message is per order and will appear on the Order Details screen in the "Comment Dropdown."
Note that there is an option for each field to be required. To set this up please see the Setup > Global Settings screen.
Output of the data collected in these system messages
1) The comment_tag information is stored on the order details screen in the "Comment Field" and can be viewed and edited there. This information is available in the "Order Notes" column in most New Reports.
2) The purchase_comment_dropdown_intro information can be viewed and edited on the order details screen in the "Comment Dropdown" field. This information is available in the "Dropdown comments" column in most New Reports.
Custom Questions on Show Setup & Enrollment Classes Setup
1) Show Setup: Include up to 15 show specific custom questions. Questions can be required or optional. They can be sorted, edited, hidden or deleted. If you edit or hide a question, any answers collected prior to modification will remain. If you delete a question, any previously saved answers will be deleted. When in doubt, choose the hidden option to remove the question from view and retain previously collected answers. Custom questions and answers are available columns on most New Reports. More about: Season Setup - Shows
2) Enrollment Setup: Include up to 15 custom questions for each class. These will be presented to the box officer or patron online when the class is added to the order. Required questions must be answered prior to completing an enrollment. Questions can be hidden from view. Previous answers to hidden questions are not deleted, the questions are just hidden from view. Custom questions and answers are available columns on most New Reports. More about: Enrollment Setup - Classes