Limiting ticket purchase quantities
- If you wish to sell only a portion of your inventory during a pre-sale time, you can place holds on the performances so that only a certain portion of the inventory is available for public sale. Then release those holds when you are ready to open the rest of the seats for public sale.
- There is a price term feature of Max amounts wherein price terms can be set to a maximum number per person or per order, for example. This is typically used for discounts, but can be set up so that no price term will apply beyond the set amount. Very clear language would need to be put in place to inform your patrons that their maximum is X number of tickets. Note that patrons can still get around this by purchasing more tickets on another acct or another order, but it does work as a deterrent. Also note that this limit is PER PRICE TERM, not per order. So if you have an adult price, a senior price, a child price, each would have their own max number, for example.
Pre-sale to specific persons or groups
We sometimes are asked how sales might be limited at first to certain groups or persons as a pre-sale feature. Some methods include:
- Send the select group a show-specific link so they could access it, but not publish it on your website
- Use the pre-season public page link to the select group, allowing access to all your shows not yet on sale to the public.
- There are controls to allow subscription package sales to members only, not the general public.
- Put a select group of patrons on a list, then limit the price terms to that list only. Patrons then are recognized by their login.
Maximum Transaction Amount
The Arts People system, by default, limits the maximum transaction amount to $5000. This is designed to prevent against a large accidental overcharge. This amount can be individually changed for each client. If you wish to have this amount changed please contact us via the help desk for assistance. (Note that we may need to continue to restrict your maximum amount if you are using the Arts People merchant account.)