First, fill out your Account information
- Neon One Application - choose the application you would like to associate with your NeonPay merchant account (in this case, Arts People).
- Enter an Account Nickname
Enter a Statement Descriptor
- This is what will appear on your constituents' card and bank statements. Note: Once this has been set, it may not be changed.
Next, your Organization Information
- Organization Name - enter your organization’s legal name as it appears on your IRS documentation. If your organization is known by or uses other names to refer to the organization as a whole, enter the alternate name in the statement descriptor line.
- Enter your Organization Type
- Enter your Organization’s Tax ID and Date Established as they appear on your IRS documentation.
- Enter your Organization’s phone number, email address, and physical address. Note: A PO box is not allowed in the Organization Address field.
Then, your Primary Contact information
- First and last name, date of birth and Social Security Number (SSN) of the controlling owner or executive is required by the processing bank in order to comply with FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations.
- The Primary Contact can be a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, or board member; it must be someone in your organization who has the authority to make payment processing decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Enter the Primary Contact’s Percent of Ownership. Note: This value should be 0% for non-profit and government organizations.
- Enter the Primary Contact’s personal address. Note: A PO box or business address is not allowed in the Primary Contact address field
Finally, enter your bank details
- Choose your payout schedule - either daily, weekly, or monthly (daily payouts are subject to fees equal to 0.50% of the payout)
- Enter your bank account information, and confirm your account number
Read through and agree to the Terms of Service, then click Create Account.
Note: You will be ready to process transactions using your new NeonPay Merchant Account once you have integrated NeonPay into Arts People. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
Merchant Account Onboarding FAQ
I don’t have access to some of the required information on the Merchant Account application. What should I do?
You will need to fill out all required fields on the Merchant Account application for your account to be configured. If you are unsure about what information to enter in certain field, please contact us at email@example.com to request further assistance.
Our Doing Business As name is not our legal Organization Name. Where should I enter our DBA name?
Enter your legal organization name as registered with the IRS in the Organization Name field, and your Doing Business As name in the Statement Descriptor field. This name will appear on your patrons’ bank and credit card statements.
Why does NeonPay require a Social Security Number?
NeonPay’s processing bank requires the Primary Owner’s Social Security Number, date of birth, and first and last name, in order to comply with government FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations, and satisfy the KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements of all financial institutions.
Can I change my linked bank account at a later time?
Yes. Once logged in to NeonPay, navigate to the Merchant Accounts menu item to edit your bank account information.
Can I change my statement descriptor at a later time?
The statement descriptor is set when you fill out the Merchant Account application. Currently, you may not change the statement descriptor after your merchant account has been created, as it will interrupt the flow of transactions and cause charges to fail.
My organization’s mailing address is a PO Box and we do not have a physical address. What should I enter as my Organization Address?
If your organization only uses a PO Box, you can enter the home address of the Primary Contact, or home address of another organization executive. This address will not be published or printed, nor will mail be sent to the address.
My account status is Not Ready. What does this mean?
Your application is being held for manual review by our processing bank's underwriting team, which can take between 1 to 4 business days.
Can I cancel at any time?
Yes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you'd like to deactivate the account. Existing charges can be disputed several months afterward, so your Merchant Account will remain accessible for limited activities. The NeonPay team will deactivate your NeonPay account so that no new charges can be submitted. We will then set your minimum balance to $0, and pay out any remaining balance. You will still be able to log in to your NeonPay account to view and reconcile data.