Note: If you're an existing Arts People customer who would like to use Neon Pay, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your sign-up link.
Merchant Account Application Guide
To create a merchant account in Neon Pay, log in and click the Set Up your Merchant Account button on the Dashboard. You can also click the Merchant Accounts menu, then the Add Merchant Account button.
Now that you're on the merchant account application, follow these steps to complete the application process and create your merchant account.
First, fill out your Account information
- Neon One Application - choose the application you would like to associate with your Neon Pay merchant account (in this case, Arts People).
- Enter an Account Nickname. This is an internal name for your merchant account.
- Enter a Billing Descriptor
- This is what will appear on your constituents' card and bank statements.
Next, your Organization Information
- Organization Name - enter your organization’s legal name as it appears on your IRS documentation. If your organization is known by or uses other names to refer to the organization as a whole, enter the alternate name in the billing descriptor field.
- Enter your Organization Type
- Enter your Organization’s Tax ID and Date Established as they appear on your IRS documentation.
- Enter your Organization’s phone number, email address, and physical address. Note: A PO box is not allowed in the Organization Address field.
Then, your Account Signer information
- First and last name, date of birth and Social Security Number (SSN) of a controlling member or executive is required by the processing bank in order to comply with FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations.
- The Account Signer can be a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, or board member; it must be someone in your organization who has the authority to make payment processing decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Enter the Account Signer’s Percent of Ownership. Note: This value should be 0% for non-profit and government organizations.
- Enter the Account Signer’s personal address. Note: A PO box or business address is not allowed in the Account Signer address field
Finally, enter your bank details
- Choose your payout schedule - weekly or monthly. The Daily Payout option is not available during initial sign-up and is subject to fees equal to 0.50% of the payout. Please contact Support for more information.
- Enter your bank account information, and confirm your account number
Read through and agree to the Terms of Service, then click Create Account.
Note: You will be ready to process transactions using your new Neon Pay Merchant Account once you have integrated Neon Pay into Arts People. Contact us at email@example.com for next steps.
Merchant Account Onboarding FAQ
I don’t have access to some of the required information on the Merchant Account application. What should I do?
You will need to fill out all required fields on the Merchant Account application for your account to be configured. If you are unsure about what information to enter in a certain field, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request further assistance.
Our Doing Business As name is not our legal Organization Name. Where should I enter our DBA name?
Enter your legal organization name as registered with the IRS in the Organization Name field, and your Doing Business As name in the Billing Descriptor field. This name will appear on your patrons’ bank and credit card statements.
Why does Neon Pay require a Social Security Number?
Neon Pay’s processing bank requires the Primary Owner’s Social Security Number, date of birth, and first and last name, in order to comply with government FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) regulations, and satisfy the KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements of all financial institutions.
Can I change my linked bank account at a later time?
Yes. Once logged in to Neon Pay, navigate to the Merchant Accounts menu item to open your Merchant Account Details and edit your bank account information.
Can I change my billing descriptor at a later time?
The billing descriptor is set up when you fill out the Merchant Account application. You may not update the billing descriptor directly in the Neon Pay portal. Please reach out to our Support team to request a billing descriptor change.
My organization’s mailing address is a PO Box and we do not have a physical address. What should I enter as my Organization Address?
If your organization only uses a PO Box, you can enter the home address of the Primary Contact, or home address of another organization executive. This address will not be published or printed, nor will mail be sent to the address.
My account status is Not Ready. What does this mean?
Your application has not yet been processed but has been received.
My account status is Manual. What does this mean?
Your application has been received and is being held for manual review by our processor’s underwriting team. Manual review can take between 1 to 5 business days to complete. You may be contacted by our Support team to provide additional documentation.
Can I cancel at any time?
Yes. Contact us at email@example.com and let us know you'd like to deactivate the account. Existing charges can be disputed several months afterward, so the Merchant Account will remain accessible for limited activities. The Neon Pay team will deactivate your Neon Pay account so that no new charges can be submitted, and any remaining balance will be paid out.