Learn how to end and fulfill a donation match on a campaign. This help guide will demonstrate how to end and fulfill an existing donation match on a campaign in Neon Fundraise.
Recommended Reading Before You Start
A donation match will automatically end on the end date entered when the donation match was created. If, however, the donation matcher wishes to end the match before the entered date, you (as the administrator) can end the donation match on behalf of the donation matcher.
Ending a Donation Match
1. Select Transactions in the navigation menu, then select Matches.
2. Select the donation match you wish to end (you must double-click the donation match row). You may only end a donation match with the Status of Active.
The Match pop-up will appear.
3. Select End Match at the top of the pop-up.
4. Select OK on the confirmation pop-up.
At this point, the donation match is ended. Now, one of two processes will occur:
- If the donation matcher chose to pay for matched donations via a credit card, the donation match’s Status will change to Ended. The donation matcher’s credit card will automatically be charged the matched amount. No further action is needed.
- If the donation matcher chose to pay for matched donations via check or any offline option, the donation match’s Status will change to Unfulfilled. The donation matcher must send you the collected funds. Once you receive the funds from the donation matcher, you must fulfill this donation match in the system. See the next section to learn how to complete this process.
Fulfilling a Donation Match
For donation matchers who chose to pay for matched donations via check or any offline method, they must submit the collected funds once the donation match period has ended (as described above). When the donation matcher submits the matched funds, you must manually fulfill the donation match.
1. Select the unfulfilled donation match (you must double-click the donation match row).
2. Select Add Payment on the Match pop-up.
The New Credit pop-up will appear.
3. Enter the donation matcher’s information. If the donation matcher is a new user, select New User and enter their applicable information. If the donation matcher already has an account in the system, select Existing User and use the search feature to locate the donation matcher (in most cases, the donation matcher’s information will automatically populate). Once this information is set, select Next.
4. Select the Verified checkbox to verify the funds have been received and select Next.
5. Select the checkbox next to the donation(s) associated with the donation matcher. It is possible that the checkbox(es) will automatically be selected for you. Select Next.
6. Verify the Amount and adjust as needed. Then select the Payment Method drop-down menu.
7. Select the applicable payment method used by the donation matcher on the drop-down menu.
8. Select Add Credit.
The donation matcher’s funds will now show as submitted and verified.
Additionally, in the donation matcher list, this donation matcher’s Status will change from Unfulfilled to Ended.