In reports (and various other locations), different amounts are used to indicate different things. Below we've listed a few of these and what's included in their calculations.
Goal amount, available in the Admin and campaign sites in various places, includes:
- Verified donations, includes:
- Online (processed successfully)
- Imported (e.g., Facebook donations)
- Ticket purchases (less fair market value)
- Donations submitted with registrations
- Registration fees, depending on whether they count towards goals (an advanced configuration)
- Unverified donations
- Additional donation amount to cover fees
- Registration fees (if they are not counted towards goals — an advanced configuration)
- Fair market value of ticket purchases
- Credit charges
Payment total, available in the Counts and Totals report, includes the same amounts as Goal Amount above, plus registration fees in all scenarios.
All transaction types are included in the Transactions report, including credit charges, refunds and unverified donations. Additionally, there is only a single amount column, that lists both debits and credits, so totaling this column would double amounts of a negative amount instead of offsetting it. Negative amounts are relevant to: refunded transactions and credit charges (vs pledges).